Choice helps SMBs secure long-term value in an uncertain business landscape
If you’re like many small and midsize businesses (SMBs) right now, you may be thinking about replacing your company’s business systems in the near future. If so, you may be asking yourself some important questions, including these:
- Does our business activity fluctuate significantly over time? And have we built our systems to handle the peaks, leaving them underutilized in slow periods?
- Does it make sense to own the hardware our business processes run on? Do we have the right resources to support and maintain both the hardware and our business solutions on-premises? Could a third-party hosting arrangement free up resources (and budget) that could be applied to other key projects?
- Do our people have the integrated information and tools they need to work efficiently, and to communicate and collaborate with each other, our suppliers, and our customers?
- Where does the cloud fit into all of this?
No matter where you come out on these questions, a Microsoft Dynamics ERP solution for SMBs can be part of the answer. In this five-part blog series we’ve been exploring the four key dimensions that characterize a business solution from Microsoft. You can catch up on earlier posts here. In this post, we’ll look at how a business solution from Microsoft will let you use the cloud in the ways that work best for your company.
Microsoft Dynamics ERP for SMBs
What if your business activity fluctuates—monthly, quarterly, seasonally, or even randomly? You need to accommodate the peaks in order to maintain customer satisfaction; but buying, housing, and maintaining network, storage, and processing capabilities can be expensive. And your investment is especially hard to justify during slack periods that leave some of these resources idle. Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions for SMBs can be cloud-based, which gives you the flexibility to expand network, storage, and processing resources when they’re needed, and then cut back in slower periods. You stretch your budget by paying only for what you need and what you use.
The cloud is an opportunity, not an obligation. Whatever your preference, you have the flexibility to choose a deployment model that’s right for your business—on-premises, in the cloud, or a combination of both. And with a business solution from Microsoft you can take advantage of all the cloud has to offer.
The cloud is about more than hosting your core business solution; it is about connecting your business and extending your capabilities and reach. The cloud enables integration of business intelligence (BI), communication, collaboration, and business process capabilities—helping your people engage more effectively with suppliers, customers, and each other. And, of course, you can integrate with other services that are available in the cloud, such as Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
Uniquely combining BI, collaboration, and communication tools and bringing them all together within the context of every business process in your organization changes the way your people work. And changing the way your people work is the catalyst that delivers greater control of your business and drives bottom line results that enable your business to grow.
With Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions for SMBs, choice translates into opportunity for your company.
Take the next step in exploring your cloud options
Gaining long-term value as you navigate an uncertain business landscape is challenging. Systems you rely on today will gradually lose their ability to meet your evolving needs. Satisfying basic requirements drains more time, energy, and money, while game-changing opportunities wait for attention. A new business solution might be the answer, but not if it’s complicated and expensive. How do you find the right business solution?
- Look for simplicity, the kind that removes complexity, not capability.
- Look for an agile solution that can meet industry and vertical requirements and match your company’s unique processes and rhythms.
- Look for choice in how and when to incorporate the cloud into your overall solution.
This is a great time to learn more about Microsoft Dynamics ERP solutions for SMBs. Two great examples, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, will be released later this year. Like all business solutions from Microsoft, these releases offer SMBs simplicity, agility, and the freedom to use the cloud in ways that suit them best.
Learn more about these releases and our vision for cloud powered business solutions for SMBs that can help you find value as you navigate an uncertain business landscape.
Join us next week as we wrap up this blog series.
Microsoft Dynamics ERP