A new study by Forrester Consulting calculates the potential return on investment (ROI) for implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service can help organizations realize benefits of $1.8M over three years, adding up to a net present value (NPV) of $1.4M and an ROI of 363 percent.
The Microsoft-commissioned Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) is based on interviews with three long-term telecom, construction, and manufacturing customers using Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service. Prior to deploying Dynamics 365 for Field Service, these organizations were evolving from a bare-bones approach to field service operations. As they grew, it became evident that a more proactive approach was needed that could extend existing resources further.
- Through increased transparency and efficiencies into field operations, field teams reduced hours billed for repair and maintenance work orders by up to 60 percent. Over three years, the associated cost savings reached a present value (PV) of $1.4M.
- By enabling IoT and remote device access, organizations eliminated field dispatch for over 10 percent of total work orders with subsequent labor cost savings, totaling a three-year PV of $360K.
- Efficiencies from optimizing or eliminating travel were not limited to fewer labor hours billed. Field workers slashed time driving to work sites by 50 percent. The fuel savings over three years amounted to a PV of $28K.
- By leveraging automation, call center agents reduced service calls by a minimum of 20 percent with a three-year PV of $13K.
But that’s not all. There were many unquantified benefits such as heightened customer experience and satisfaction. These companies also reduced overtime and avoided regulatory penalties while improving hardware quality.
The bottom line
Forrester took a deep dive into the customer journey of these organizations, sharing their challenges, their vendor selection process, and the results of their investments. All three customers agreed that Dynamics 365 for Field Service provided:
- A modern and customizable field service management solution—right out of the box.
- Increased field utilization and improved visibility across the entire field service landscape.
- Greater operational efficiency including reducing the number of repeat visits, service reminder and survey calls, and technician transportation costs.
Learn how Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service can modernize, optimize, and energize your field service organization.