Big data AI is no longer a fantasy, but a reality. The AI marketspace is delivering real solutions for real world problems. Currently, e-commerce retailers are faced with fraud losses daily; reduced revenue, increased operational expenses, and wrongful rejections are just some of the impacts fraud creates on a local and global scale, all of which contribute to a suboptimal experience for customers. Current approaches to fraud protection solutions require account creation and customers to complete multi-step authentication, forming barriers within the ecommerce channel.
Microsoft, at the forefront of innovation as a global e-commerce technology leader, is equally impacted by fraud, necessitating a fraud protection system that can help safeguard more than a billion transactions a year and deliver the best shopping and purchasing experiences possible—both at the same time. Microsoft developed Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection as an application designed to provide the best fraud protection to fulfill both Microsoft’s, and our customers’ needs. It provides the agility and capabilities to apply adaptive AI and operation research to millions of assessments necessary, which puts merchants at ease.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection benefits
Over the last 2 years, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection has saved Microsoft more than $76 million in incremental fraud costs by reducing fraud losses and manual review rates, as well as helping boost revenue by hundreds of millions of dollars. Now all online merchants can use Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection to help reduce fraud and its related costs, increase revenue, and deliver better buying experiences with lower friction and more support.
Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection is comprised of three unique offerings that can work in parallel:
- Diagnose a risk-free assessment using three months of customer data to provide insights to the potential revenue boost Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection could provide.
- Evaluate an API integration, by comparing insights in real time with real world data to current solution(s) that are being used.
- Protect the full solution to help safeguard e-commerce retail from fraud threats.
Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection is an innovative solution with five powerful capabilities designed to capitalize on the strength of machine learning to provide merchants with an innovative fraud solution:
- Adaptive AI technology continuously learns and adapts from patterns and equips fraud managers with tools to optimize fraud controls.
- A fraud protection network maintains up-to-date connected data that provides a global view of fraud activity and maintains the security of merchants’ confidential information and shoppers’ privacy.
- Transaction acceptance booster shares transactional trust knowledge with issuing banks to help boost authorization rates.
- Customer escalation support provides detailed risk insights about each transaction to help improve merchants’ customer support experience.
- Account creation protection monitors account creation, helps minimize abuse and automated attacks on customer accounts, and helps to avoid incurring losses due to fraudulent accounts.
How Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection complements the existing payment authorization flow for better fraud assessment and signaling to issuing banks:
How global data is used to benefit all: Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection is architected to bring global data across participating merchants together in a secure and privacy-aware way to enable improved fraud protection across the ecosystem.
As a global e-commerce leader, Microsoft cares about the bottom line just like you, and encourage you to learn more by visiting the web page Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection and viewing the product video.
Virtual Launch Event for a closer look at Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection
We invite you to attend our Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, October 10th streaming live at 8:00 am Pacific time, then on-demand, for a look at Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection and all the other new innovations coming to market. Be sure to register for updates and reminders leading up to the event.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!