Dynamics 365 Business Central now includes a Shopify connector
Last October, we announced a new partnership with Shopify to help our customers create a better shopping experience. The partnership was designed to better connect the easy-to-use e-commerce and merchant experience of Shopify with the comprehensive business management capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Today we are pleased to announce that a new Shopify connector is now available.
“We launched the Shopify Global ERP program to give merchants the power to manage the complexity of their business operations. The new Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central connector will help our merchants remain resilient and prepare for the future of commerce using real-time insights from connected data.”—Colin Bodell, Vice President of Research and Development, Shopify.
Are you an existing Shopify customer?
Download and install the Shopify connector extension today.
The connector will help our customers get the visibility needed to speed customer inquiry responses, process more timely returns and refunds, and achieve more accurate order processing. Ultimately keeping people focused on customer experiences, by eliminating manual processes through:
Support of multiple Shopify shops
- Each shop has its own setup, including a collection of products, locations used to calculate inventory, and price lists.
Bi-directional synchronization of items or products
- Connector will sync images, item variants, barcodes, vendor item numbers, extended texts, and tags between systems.
- Easily export item attributes to Shopify.
- Use selected customer price groups and discounts to define how prices will be exported to Shopify.
- Decide whether items can be created automatically or only allow updates to existing products.
Synchronization of inventory levels
- Choose to use some or all of the available locations in Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Update inventory levels on multiple locations in Shopify.
Bi-directional synchronization of customers
- Smart-map customers by phone and email.
- Use country-specific templates when creating customers, which helps ensure that tax settings are correct.
Import of orders from Shopify
- During import you can automatically create customers in Dynamics 365 Business Central or decide to manage the customers in Shopify.
- Include orders created in other channels, such as Shopify POS or Amazon.
- Shipping costs, gift cards, tips, shipping and payment methods, transactions, and risk of fraud.
- Receive payout information from Shopify Payments.
Easy tracking of fulfillment information
- Optionally choose to write item tracking information from Dynamics 365 Business Central into Shopify.
Microsoft has partnered with scapta, a Business Central ISV, to acquire their market-tested, feature-rich Shopify connector and embed it directly within Dynamics 365 Business Central. Scapta has many customer testimonials showcasing the power of connecting Dynamics 365 Business Central and Shopify. This approach allows us to offer more value to our customers that need global commerce capabilities.
“We rely on Shopify to manage commerce across three shops and to process thousands of orders each month. The connection with Dynamics 365 Business Central provides us with the visibility needed to adapt faster, work smarter, and perform better.”—Stijn Lowette, CEO Kambukka.
Capitalize on the Shopify connector today
More connected data insights can help you reimagine the shopping experience for your customers, while streamlining business operations and financial management. Empower your people with more automated commerce processes so they can stay focused on more strategic work and customer outcomes. By connecting Shopify and Dynamics 365 Business Central you get the flexibility, control, and tracking needed to drive growth. The Shopify connector is available for the online version of Dynamics 365 Business Central. It is not available for on-premises versions. We expect this feature to be available as an extension in all countries where Dynamics 365 Business Central is available. The extension will be pre-installed for new customers. Existing customers can download and install the extension from Microsoft AppSource or the Shopify app store.