Update on 7/18/2023: Viva Sales is now Microsoft Sales Copilot.
Since first announcing new AI-powered experiences for Microsoft Viva Sales last month, we’ve given these capabilities a name—Copilot in Viva Sales—and introduced new sales scenarios and updates.
All of this is happening in conjunction with the introduction of Dynamics 365 Copilot—the world’s-first AI copilot in both customer relationship management (CRM) platforms and finance applications enterprise resource planning (ERP). To date, tens of thousands of customers have used next-generation AI capabilities in Dynamics 365 Copilot and within Microsoft Power Platform.
Today’s debut of Microsoft 365 Copilot powers even more ways to unleash creativity, unlock productivity, and uplevel skills. For sellers, the seamless integration of Copilot across Microsoft 365 and Viva Sales (as well as AI-powered capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales) is a powerful combination. It’s a new way to engage prospects and customers, all while freeing up time previously tied up in “busy work”—like composing every email from scratch.
As we move into a new era for customer experience, we want to ensure that salespeople feel empowered to focus on what matters, which is deeper engagements with customers. Let’s take a closer look at some of the Copilot capabilities in Viva Sales that make this possible.
Try Viva Sales Today
Use Viva Sales to help sellers be more efficient, productive, and effective.
Copilot in Viva Sales automated email replies is now generally available
With Copilot in Viva Sales, AI-generated email replies have now moved from preview into general availability, with more features and enhancements built into the generated response. Here are some of the new additions we’ve made:
- Generate replies with proposed meeting times: Sellers can now generate email replies with proposed meeting times based on their calendar availability in Outlook, making it easier to schedule customer meetings and simplifying the process for finding a time that works for everyone.
- Build upon generated replies by providing additional prompts: To make modifications to the generated reply, sellers can refine the results further by providing a new prompt that builds upon the previous suggestion. This allows sellers to more easily fine-tune their email replies according to their unique needs and preferences.
- Understand the data sources behind generated replies: Sellers can now hover over any highlighted areas of text to view the data sources behind generated replies. This provides sellers with valuable context and transparency regarding where the embedded information comes from, such as any previous meetings or sales data from the CRM.
- Improve future replies by providing feedback: Finally, a new feedback mechanism allows sellers to rate the AI-generated content with a thumbs-up or thumbs-down. This helps refine and improve future replies to ensure that Viva Sales continues to adapt to the unique needs of each seller.
Meeting summarization: Quickly and easily send follow-up emails after meetings
One of the best practices for sellers is to follow up on meetings and customer interactions with a clear summary, including the relevant action items or next steps. This takes time to compile, and in the busy world of a seller, manual tasks like this can take days to get to, or are sometimes forgotten. We want to increase the buyer-seller connection by providing quick seller responsiveness, demonstrating the priority of the relationship without needing to hunt out the information to create a personalized response.
With the help of Copilot in Viva Sales, alongside the insight from the call and CRM, we can automate to help jump-start the seller into action.
We use the existing conversation intelligence technology in Viva Sales to provide sellers with meeting insights, together with CRM data and the GPT copilot technology. This creates a super-simple way for sellers to generate meaningful meeting summaries:
- Start composing an email and launch Viva Sales.
- Confirm the relevant meeting to get follow-up content.
- Receive the summary email recommendation that refers to topics you discussed and action items you both committed to, and puts all of this in a well-formed email for your review. It even includes relevant data from your CRM to enrich the reference points.
- Simply add the recommendation to your email, edit to your liking, and send.
The major difference between this experience from our intelligent meeting recaps in Microsoft Teams is how the magic happens in the seller’s inbox, connected to CRM data, in the context and tone of a customer conversation. There is no need to switch screens, and minimal email composition is required. The seller can make minor edits, all from within Outlook.
Watch the Copilot in Viva Sales demo below:
Vision for the future of Viva Sales
With a monthly release cycle, Viva Sales brings innovation to delight sellers. In addition to the above-mentioned features, we have some exciting updates due over the coming months.
Learn more about Viva Sales
Copilot in Viva Sales is a powerful AI-boosted application that can help sellers to be more efficient, productive, and effective. By providing personalized insights, automating routine tasks, and helping sellers to prioritize their efforts, the available solutions can help sellers to close more deals and grow their businesses. If you are a seller looking to take your sales game to the next level, consider giving Viva Sales a try.
Pricing and licensing can be found here, and note that all Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise and Premium licensed customers will have Viva Sales available at no additional cost. A great reason to get started today!
Want to stay in the loop? Stay connected to the latest improvements before everybody else. We welcome your feedback and ideas in the community feedback forum. And learn more about the latest AI breakthroughs with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Copilot on the Dynamics 365 AI webpage.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!