This article describes the features, fixes, and other changes that are included in Microsoft Social Engagement 2017 Update 1.1.
New features introduced in Microsoft Social Engagement 2017 Update 1.1
Sell more with Social Selling Assistant
Microsoft Social Engagement introduces Social Selling Assistant, to empower your salespeople to sell more by leveraging social media. With this application, your salespeople get personalized and smart recommendations to share on their social networks to enable them increase their social presence, gain trust from their followers, and generate more leads.
You can access Social Selling Assistant from within Microsoft Social Engagement and install it from the Microsoft AppSource into your Dynamics 365 for Sales application. The AppSource app adds a new dashboard that contains Social Selling Assistant. Salespeople can access this dashboard from the Dynamics 365 web client, as well as from Dynamics 365 for tablets. Dynamics 365 for phones is currently not supported.
Share a post to LinkedIn
With this release you can add your personal LinkedIn account as a social profile. With it you can share any public post in Microsoft Social Engagement to your professional network on LinkedIn. Your LinkedIn social profile will be available for the post action “Post Link“. When you share to LinkedIn, you can choose between two visibility options: show the post to everyone on LinkedIn or to your network only. This post action is available across all Microsoft Social Engagement services, including the newly released Social Selling Assistant. For you to start sharing, go to Settings> Social Profiles, and then click the Add Profile button, select LinkedIn Profile, and follow the steps..
Japanese & Chinese (traditional) User interface
Microsoft Social Engagement introduces the user interface in Japanese and Chinese (traditional) languages. Users can change the language of the user interface under Settings > Personal Settings > Your Preferences. The localization of the user interface also includes the respective calendars for Japanese and Chinese (traditional) languages.
Issues that are resolved in Microsoft Social Engagement 2017 Update 1.1
In addition to the new features, Update 1.1 addresses the following issues and improvements:
- Fixed an issue where RSS feeds based on a keyword search topic were only acquiring data when at least one full feed custom source search topic was set up.
- Fixed an issue where we were unable to process a high number of RSS feeds added to Microsoft Social Engagement.
- Fixed an issue with the description of the Facebook User account type.
- Fixed an issue to improve readability of posts with multiple sentences and paragraphs.
- Fixed an issue where content from Blogs was displayed in JSON format.
- Fixed an issue with truncated tool tips for domains and custom tag names in the Allowed Domains and Custom Tags settings pages. The full label is now shown in the corresponding tool tips.
- Fixed several issues to reduce execution errors and the resulting number of e-mail notifications for Automation Rules.
- Data exported to Excel from our app will now use Excel’s date format. This means you will see dates according to the localization settings of your operating system and can change them easily.
- Data exported from the widget “Sources history” now labels all sources as expected.