Applies to: Field Service for Dynamics 365, Project Service Automation for Dynamics 365, and Universal Resource Scheduling (URS) solution on Dynamics 365 9.0.x
We’re pleased to announce the latest update to the Field Service application and Project Service Automation application for Dynamics 365. This release includes improvements to quality, performance and usability, and is based on your feedback and requests.
This release is compatible with Dynamics 365 9.0.x. To update to this release, go to the Admin Center for Dynamics 365 online, solutions page to install the update.
Field Service enhancements (v126.96.36.199)
- Improved logic when changing a booking status from Cancelled to Active (not cancelled).
In previous versions, when the first Active booking is created for a work order the system associates all existing products, services, and service tasks for the work order to the new booking. However, when the status of a cancelled booking is changed back to an Active status, the system doesn’t associate the work order items.
With this update, the logic also applies when the booking status changes from cancelled to Active (not cancelled) status.
- New display name for Field Resource Hub publisher
- Removed unused views and renamed forms for Field Resource Hub
- New view on mobile that shows “My Open Resource Bookings” for the Field Resource Hub
- Changed command name for completing Service Tasks to “Mark Complete”
- Fixed: The Suggestions link is missing on quotes, orders, or invoices in orgs with Field Service or Project Service Automation installed on top of the Sales or Service application
- Fixed: Add New Product line item doesn’t work on the opportunity, quote, order, or invoices form
- Fixed: Translation errors for Japanese
- Fixed: After creating a work order type, the error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” appears when the user saves the Quote Booking Setup on a related tab
- Fixed: User see the error “One of the scripts for this record has caused an error” when creating a Quote Booking incident, product, or service task
- Fixed: On the Field Service Resource Hub application, a resource booking doesn’t show the full service account address
- Fixed: On the Field Service Resource Hub iPhone mobile app, no data is displayed for records in the Custom Work Order Service Task view, and the user sees the error “Could not retrieve updatedFormId” when tapping any of the listed records
- Fixed: When a Dispatcher clicks the Book button on a work order, the window doesn’t load
Project Service Automation (v188.8.131.52) Enhancements
- New display name for Project Resource Hub publisher
- Removed Project Opportunity section from Sales tab for a project
- Fixed: Don’t include a copy of booking and booking details when a user copies a project
- Fixed: When a project is copied, the requirement details aren’t included or created
- Fixed: When closing a quote with an active reference to an inactive price list, user sees the error “100002 is not a valid status code for state code PriceLevelState.Active on pricelevel with Id <GUID>”
- Fixed: Confirm button and the + button to add new lines should be disabled on the journal details page for journals that are already confirmed
- Fixed: Contract performance grid doesn’t load if cost or sales price of the product based line is 0
- Fixed: Filter out inactive booking records for project copies or project client integration
- Fixed: Power BI template should consume cost or sales values from tasks instead of from estimate lines
- Fixed: Task with 10+ assignments can’t be published because GetOrderNumber for line tasks assumes a one-digit order number
- Fixed: Actuals against summary tasks aren’t aggregated correctly when tracking the work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Fixed: Rollups aren’t calculating on a child record two or more levels deep in the work breakdown structure (WBS) task hierarchy
- Fixed: On the Effort Tracking view for the work breakdown structure (WBS), the effort percentages truncate decimals without rounding
- Fixed: Leftover rounding error level shows hours remaining after scheduling resources to meet the requirement but can’t tell where the gap remains
- Fixed: Changing the sales price on an expense with related tax amount during approval also changes the sales price of the tax amount in error
- Fixed: Expense amounts lose decimal precision when decimal separator is not ‘.’
Universal Resource Scheduling Enhancements
NOTE: Improvements and bug fixes for Universal Resource Scheduling apply to Field Service and Project Service Automation as well as to other schedulable entities in the Sales or Service applications.
- In the Schedule Assistant view, a new sort option lists the resources with the highest or lowest total available hours in ascending or descending order
- If there are no bookings on the schedule board date range being displayed for a resource, the expand arrow no longer shows
- When resource capacity is less than the requested hours and the booking method is front load, the user can’t book a resource from the schedule board
- Fixed: On the schedule board, only first page results are displayed for the list of resources when switching from horizontal to vertical view
- Fixed: Time block for the resource doesn’t show negative hours when double-booked. In other words, when a resource has a time slot of 6 hours and the requirement is to book for 8 hours to that resource using double booking, the time slot of that resource should become -2 hours
- Fixed: Expanding resource row makes board jump
- Fixed: When searching for availability finds a cell with an asterisk, the View details tooltip doesn’t stay open on mouse hover
- Fixed: When popping out the schedule board in Internet Explorer, clicking a resource cell doesn’t select all the grids
- Fixed: Incorrect Map error when selecting a newly created onsite booking with a valid latitude and longitude when dragging requirement onto the schedule board
- Fixed: When the schedule board is popped out, the Book and Exit command doesn’t create bookings
- Fixed: Clicking resources to select cells takes 10 seconds on Internet Explorer and 3 seconds on Google Chrome
- Fixed: On the schedule board, when using page left or page right to change dates in recommendation mode, resources don’t show correctly.
- Fixed: When the schedule board is popped out and a user clicks Book on a record or the right pane and details tab isn’t displayed
- Fixed: Tooltip information alignment doesn’t match for requirement details on the schedule board
- Fixed: The End Time doesn’t update if the Estimated Arrival Time is after the End Time set in Schedule Assistant.
For example, let’s say by default the Start Time for a technician is 8:00 AM, the Estimated Arrival Time is 8:00 AM, and the End Time is 8:30 AM. Then let’s say that the Estimated Arrival Time changes to anything after 8:30 AM (End Time), for example 9:00 AM. In previous versions, the Start Time and the End Time shows a red box and the End Time doesn’t update automatically. This in turn does not allow the user to book the resource.
This issue is now fixed, and the End Time changes automatically to 9:30 AM in this example.
- Fixed: Can’t right click to book in recommendation mode when the current booking overlaps with proposed booking
- Fixed: When searching for availability of resources and all results are on a different day, the schedule board returns no resources without a warning message
- Fixed: Availability icon on a resource cell doesn’t appear if some cells are in the past
For more information:
- What’s new in Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 1
- Release Notes for Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 1
- ￼Use Resource Scheduling Optimization to schedule multiple booking requirements on a recurring basis
- Scheduling anything in Dynamics 365 with Universal Resource Scheduling
- What’s new in Dynamics 365 for Field Service and Project Service Automation
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service – User’s Guide
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation – User’s Guide
Dynamics 365, Field Project Service Team