Applies to: Field Service for Dynamics 365, Project Service Automation for Dynamics 365, and Universal Resource Scheduling (URS) solution on Dynamics 365 9.0.x
We’re pleased to announce the latest update to the Field Service and Project Service Automation applications for Dynamics 365. This release includes improvements to quality, performance, and usability, and is based on your feedback and requests.
This release is compatible with Dynamics 365 9.0.x. To update to this release, visit the Admin Center for Dynamics 365 online, solutions page to install the update.
Field Service enhancements (v188.8.131.52)
- Enabled mobile offline capability for Field Service Resource Hub
- Fixed: Duplicate messages are displayed when changing the line status for a product on a work order
- Fixed: Cannot change the status from Posted to Unscheduled on a work order if it includes a canceled booking
- Fixed: Changing the status of a work order to Posted fails if the Name field of any associated product or service records exceeds 100 characters
Project Service Automation enhancements (v184.108.40.206)
- Performance improvement when assigning resources
- Removed the Project Opportunity section from the Sales tab for a project to improve usability
- Fixed: Error when a calendar template in a project is modified
- Fixed: Resource requirements created from the work breakdown structure by clicking the Generate Project Team button have incorrect end date
- Fixed: Accounting dates on project actuals should be the date the invoice was approved instead of the date and time reported
Universal Resource Scheduling enhancements
NOTE: Improvements and bug fixes for Universal Resource Scheduling apply to Field Service and Project Service Automation, as well as to other schedulable entities in the Sales or Service applications.
- Added a proposed hours attribute to resource requirement tracking for all facets of scheduling status. The system now tracks fulfilled duration, proposed duration, and remaining duration. Existing requirements will be automatically updated with this new attribute.
- Improved UX for contouring and scheduling a task includes a tooltip and fade-away on mouse hover
- Added a new filter for Available Duration Minimum (%). When a user searches for resources and uses this filter on the schedule assistant, the system returns resources that do not have all the hours. The minimum is a number that represents the percentage of hours. For example, with a 70% minimum, the system returns all resources with at least 70 percent of the hours in the range searched.
- Ability to expand or collapse all resources at once on a multiday schedule board to show or hide associated bookings
- Moved error and warning messages that don’t require user input to a new notification bar on the schedule assistant panel
- Included record count on the schedule board booking requirements list
- Expanded the schedule board legend to include resource summary rows when searching for availability
- Improved performance when searching for availability
- On schedule assistant booking panel, when a user changes the booking method or value of double book-if needed, the duration updates on the panel in real time
- When using Book and Exit on the schedule board, the system displays a booking success notification for confirmation
- Fixed: Renamed hourly schedule board booking panel to name the same as multiday booking panel
- Fixed: Right clicking cells on the schedule board no longer causes the booking panel to display
- Fixed: Changes to the backing requirement entity view used on the booking requirements grid for the schedule board now reflect changes made after a schedule board refresh for user who made the change. Note that it may still take some time for these changes to appear for other users.
- Fixed: Apply work template command fails when resource observes business closures
- Fixed: Schedule board in Project Service Automation can’t be used to book a bookable resource
- Fixed: On the schedule board booking requirements grid, the Territory filter now works
- Fixed: After expanding and then minimizing the schedule board, the booking requirements label no longer shows on the bottom of the screen
- Fixed: Clicking Book twice quickly on the schedule assistant creates more hours than when a user books hours on the booking panel.
- Fixed: Multiple issues with booking alerts
- Fixed: Multiple issues with map error messages when using multiday schedule board
- Fixed: On the schedule board, the booking panel now docks the Book and Book and Exit action buttons
- Fixed: In some scenarios, users were seeing an error message when booking resources that said selected dates were in the past even though they weren’t
- Fixed: On the schedule board, when searching for availability and booking resources using the “double book-if needed” option, there were some scenarios where the numbers booked were didn’t match up with the specified duration
- Fixed: Delay in the time it takes for error messages to appear when searching for availability on the pop-out schedule board
- Fixed: Incorrect error message when a booking end time is earlier than the start time
- Fixed: In the hourly booking panel, the start time, ETA, and end time only automatically reset if the fields are out of bounds of one another
- Fixed: Occasionally, some users didn’t see the latest changes from other schedule boards on their own schedule board.
For more information:
- What’s new in Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 1
- Release Notes for Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 1
- Release Notes for Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 2
- Use Resource Scheduling Optimization to schedule multiple booking requirements on a recurring basis
- Scheduling anything in Dynamics 365 with Universal Resource Scheduling
- What’s new in Dynamics 365 for Field Service and Project Service Automation
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service – User’s Guide
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation – User’s Guide
Dynamics 365, Field Project Service Team