We are providing the following information to help you effectively plan for a successful update to your existing Dynamics 365 organizations to Dynamics 365 (online), version 9.0.
What you need to know about the customer-driven update process.
- Flexible choices: You will be able to start scheduling your updates to Dynamics 365 (online), version 9.0 service, on any day, including weekends. Please remember that opportunity to schedule an update is limited to available openings. Update slots will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
- Scheduling an update: Starting January 15th, 2018 you will be able to schedule updates to occur from February 20th through August 20th. This will give you up to six months to complete the update to the newest release of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 service.
- Flexible testing: Administrators will be able to schedule updates to sandbox instances prior to production instances. You can easily see the Sandbox and Production update schedules in a single view within the Dynamics 365 Administration Center.
- Keep your organization informed: Administrators can select recipients to receive notifications about updates in the Dynamics 365 Administration Center. See Send email notifications to multiple recipients to add email addresses of people you want to receive information about your scheduled updates. The recipient does not have to be an administrator to receive notifications and no additional licenses are required.
Get yourself ready for the update:
- Get familiar. Stay up to date with What’s new for the complete list of capabilities and services. Please refer to Read Me for more information about update requirements, known issues and possible workarounds.
- Get prepared. Read about Manage updates.
- Get engaged. Your partner and Microsoft teams are here to help you be successful. See What’s new for developers.
- Field Service or Project Service Automation0 solution – required to update Solution after your instance is updated.
- Dynamics 365 Government and Dynamics 365 Germany are not included as part of this announcement. The availability of version 9.0 for these customers will be announced later.
For related info: