Applies to: Field Service for Dynamics 365, Project Service Automation for Dynamics 365, and Universal Resource Scheduling (URS) solution on Dynamics 365 9.0.x
We’re pleased to announce the latest update to the Field Service and Project Service Automation applications for Dynamics 365. This release includes improvements to quality, performance, and usability, and is based on your feedback and requests.
This release is compatible with Dynamics 365 9.0.x. To update to this release, visit the Admin Center for Dynamics 365 online, solutions page to install the update. For details, refer How to Install, Update a Preferred Solution
Field Service enhancements (v184.108.40.206)
- Performance improvement on create, update of account record
- Added new validation string for validateSystemStatus in PurchaseOrder.Library.js
- GDPR compliance
- Fixed: [Field Service solution] Woodford Solution and Woodford Project template links are not opening the right location
- Fixed: form id added in SalesDocumentCustomFormIds.js should NOT be case-sensitive
- Fixed: SalesDocumentFormLoader.Library.js Error on new custom Sales forms.
Project Service Automation (v220.127.116.11) Enhancements
- GDPR compliance
- Fixed: Assignments not updating when substituting resources
- Fixed: Booking plugin causing performance degradation when create project team member in PSA
- Fixed: Creating Team member with named resource throws script error when selecting a resource with a different view
- Fixed: Drag and drop requirement onto schedule board and create bookings not update assignment
- Fixed: Move project fails with real (non-generic) resources assigned to the project
- Fixed: Proposal Schedule Board shows nothing when switching to hourly view
- Fixed: Corrupted Calendar Rules from Setting Calendar
- Fixed: Deadlock / timeouts when trying to move a task with assignments – partial data corruption
- Fixed: Team member has difference between assigned hours and required hours after substituting generic resource through schedule board
- Fixed: Requirement detail create/update/delete should be suppressed in bulk project scenarios: MS Project publish
- Fixed: Project Estimates do not display information of categories for line tasks
- Fixed: Requirement detail create/update/delete should be suppressed in bulk project scenarios: project copy and create project from template
- Fixed: Effort Hours less than expected for Calendar with Breaks
- Fixed: Assigning work on non-working day in MS Project due to calendar differences throws argument not valid exception
- Fixed: Rounding errors when publishing a task with contours with indefinite fractional values
- Fixed: “Amount” in Expense entry can’t exceed 3 digits figures when language is set to Finnish
- Fixed: Time Entry Paste (Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V) msdyn_date time stamp is not set to 12:00pm UTC in classic calendar experience.
Universal Resource Scheduling Enhancements
NOTE: Improvements and bug fixes for Universal Resource Scheduling apply to Field Service and Project Service Automation, as well as to other schedulable entities in the Sales or Service applications.
- Book based on estimated time of arrival
- View more at once on the schedule board
- Display up to 14 days on hourly schedule board
- Display more resources on schedule board
- Change booking statuses from multiday schedule boards
- Leverage multi-select option set fields in extensibility
- Change default value for ignoring proposed bookings
- Use booking panel when dragging and dropping on multiday schedule boards
- Selected resource renders in driving directions
- Right click instead of hover to view resource card
- Display day of the week on hourly vertical schedule board
- Keep context when initiating substitution while searching for availability
To know what’s new in Universal Resource Scheduling for Dynamics 365 in April 2018 Update, read this post.
- Fixed: Object Instance error message which appeared when searching for availability if a resource location was set to location agnostic, yet they had onsite bookings in the search range.
- Fixed: Minor localization issues
- Plugin that updates the fulfilled, proposed, and remaining duration fields on Resource Requirements are only executed when relevant fields change.
- Fixed: When opening specify pattern window, requirements and requirement detail dates now match by default.
- Fixed: Proposed Bookings appear on multiday schedule boards even if the only bookings a resource has are “proposed”.
- Fixed: Various alignment issues between demand panel and Schedule Board when searching for availability.
- Fixed: Issues with Resource Substitution
- Fixed: When searching for availability, if there are no resources that match, the board will not render results.
- Fixed: Error and warning messages now clear when switching between different Schedule Board views.
- Fixed: In specific circumstances, certain resources with availability were being removed from the available resource list when changing Schedule Board dates or when refreshing Schedule Board while searching for availability.
- Fixed: While searching for availability for onsite requirement, resources that were booked on the same requirement or at the same location were sometimes not being returned as available.
- Fixed: Using the “pop out” Schedule Board, when the default availability view is set to “grid”, when searching for a requirement that is under 24 hours, changing from the grid view to another view did not render the demand panel.
- Fixed: Latitude and Longitude is now copied from the Resource Requirement to the Booking when a booking is created.
- Fixed: Schedule Board loading issues in IE11
- Fixed: Issues when using the setting to dim unavailable resources when using Schedule Assistant instead of removing the resources.
For more information:
- Release Notes for Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 4
- Release Notes for Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 3
- Release Notes for Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 2
- Release Notes for Field Service and Project Service Automation Update 1
- What’s new in Dynamics 365 for Field Service and Project Service Automation
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service – User’s Guide
- Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation – User’s Guide
Dynamics 365, Field & Project Service Team