Applies to: Dynamics 365 Organization 9.0+ with Field Service Solution 7.x version or 8.x version
We are excited to announce the general availability release of Resource Scheduling Optimization v2.7, which includes many new capabilities and various usability, performance, and quality improvements. Below is a high-level list of features introduced in this release. For details, please refer to the Resource Scheduling Optimization Spring’18 Release Notes.
- Enabled capability of scheduling ‘Location Agnostic’ type of resources (e.g. remote assistance, equipment usage that can fulfill work at any place)
- Ability to create simulated optimization from the schedule board and visualize it. This allows for finer tuning of optimization scope, objectives, and other parameters
- Improved evaluation of different configurations through “What-if” reports
- More visibility into optimization results and status:
- Revised and added a new optimization request status to better indicate which step optimization is currently in
- Revised and added a new operation status on booking/resource details of the optimization request to better indicate data eligibility and optimization decision
- Added “Type” field to indicate if an optimization request was triggered by a recurring schedule, or by clicking the “Run Now” button
Simplified RSO administrative tasks
- Hardening of schedule definition experience through validation rules
- Able to reset 1 or more RSO optimization schedules (instead of reset all)
- Numerous bug fixes and telemetry enhancements as part of continuous engineering fundamental improvements
If you deploy this version of RSO with Field Service v8.x, RSO doesn’t support Pool, Facility, Crew scheduling scenarios, please ensure:
- Exclude Pool, Facility, and Pool types of resources from bookable resource view(s), which are used for optimization scope.
- Exclude Pool, Facility, and Crew types of resource requirement from bookable resource view(s), which are used for optimization scope (or set “Scheduling Method” to “Do Not Optimize”).
For more information
- What’s New for Dynamics 365 Resource Scheduling Optimization v2.6 Release
- What’s New for Dynamics 365 Resource Scheduling Optimization v2.5 Release
- Release Notes for Resource Scheduling Optimization (v2.0) – Dynamics 365
- What’s New for Dynamics 365 Resource Scheduling Optimization v1.5 Release
- Resource Scheduling Optimization Overview
- Scheduling anything in Dynamics 365 with Universal Resource Scheduling
- Dynamics 365 for Field Service – User’s Guide
Dynamics 365, Field & Project Service Team
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!