Applies to Universal Resource Scheduling solution (version 3.1.0.xx), Field Service application (version 8.1.x.xx), Project Service Automation application (version 3.1.0.xx) On Dynamics 365 version 9.1.x)
We’re pleased to announce the latest update to Universal Resource Scheduling, powering the Customer Service, Field Service, and Project Service Automation applications for Dynamics 365. This release includes improvements to quality, performance, and usability, and is based on your feedback and requests.
This release is compatible with Dynamics 365 9.1.x. To update to this release, visit the Admin Center for Dynamics 365 online, and find the solutions page to install the update. For details, refer to how to install / update a preferred solution.
- Standalone resource requirements that are not part of a requirement group now support fulfillment preference intervals!
- Requirement groups are now supported from any schedulable record! If the requirements within a requirement group are linked to a schedulable record, such as a work order, a project, a service activity, or any custom enabled entity for scheduling, the book button to launch the schedule assistant will appear on the schedulable records form and view. Clicking “Book” will launch the schedule assistant against the requirement that is flagged as the primary requirement. If the primary requirement is part of a requirement group, the schedule assistant launches against that entire requirement group.
- When using the pop–out schedule board, the Dynamics border no longer loads, reducing confusion for users and improving performance.
- You can now search for characteristics and roles in the requirement group control.
- When adding columns to the requirement group control, the attribute selector remains open after an attribute is selected.
- When viewing a crew on the hourly schedule board, the resource cell displays the number of resources in the crew during the date range being displayed on the schedule board. Now, if the number of crew members varies during the date range, this is expressed on the crew resource’s resource cell.￼
- When saving schedule board filters as default filters, a message now confirms the save was successful.
- When deleting a resource, related resource territory records will be deleted as well.
- When creating a resource that is a pool, the capacity on the resources work hours will be derived from the pool members by default.
- Added quick create form for resource characteristic entity.
- When clicking the book button on the schedule board, keyboard focus automatically shifts to the booking panel.
- Added validation when creating resource association records to ensure data is acceptable.
- Added a button to enter accessibility mode on specify pattern.
- Updated and added various error messages and tooltips for better clarity.
- Fixed: Booking duration on the schedule board booking panel no longer rounds
- Fixed: Small issues on schedule board in Edge, Firefox, and Internet Explorer when browser is zoomed in
- Fixed: Added missing hidden labels to schedule board filter panel targeting accessible experience
- Fixed: When searching within a filter on the schedule board filter control, the list is now properly filtered by the search
- Fixed: Bottom of letters are no longer cut off on schedule assistant panel
- Fixed: Removed the derive capacity option from crew resource form
- Fixed: Schedule assistant no longer suggests times in the past when a resource has a capacity of greater than one
- Fixed: Schedule assistant list view no longer partially cuts off the last row
- Fixed: Radius type has a clearer visual to show whether miles or kilometers is selected
- Fixed: In some edge cases, the duration in the schedule board filter control was not showing a number
- Fixed: Height of resource search bar on schedule board
- Fixed: Schedule assistant floating book button now properly disappears when switching from hourly board to daily board
- Fixed: In certain languages, “move bookings to next day” functionality on the schedule board was not working
- Fixed: “Move bookings to another day” feature on schedule board no longer warns that there are no bookings in selected status
- Fixed: Selected booking status is now respected when rebooking a requirement group
- Fixed: When using the schedule assistant, the availability of a crew member will be driven by start of search period instead of only looking at the crew membership record
- Fixed: The first requirement dragged to multiday schedule boards no longer causes an error message
- Fixed: Requirement group control disables ribbon buttons when updates are being sent to server
- Fixed: Size of schedule board settings panel
- Fixed: Arrows to scroll on schedule board now look enabled
- Fixed: Minor alignment issues in schedule board settings
- Fixed: Minor alignment issue for add tab button on schedule board
- Fixed: Minor alignment issue for the find availability button on the on unscheduled requirements grid in the schedule board
- Fixed: Minor localization issues
Principal Program Manager, Dynamics 365 Engineering