Applies to: Field Service version 188.8.131.524 on Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement version 9.x
Visit the Admin Center for Dynamics 365 solutions page to install the update. For details, refer to how to install or update a preferred solution.
Please visit Field Service Docs for all Field Service updates and related content.
Field Service enhancements (v184.108.40.2064)
- Field Service is moving to the platform’s auto numbering.
- For now, the new auto-numbering is optional and can be enabled in each instance to through Field Service Settings.
- This new auto-numbering approach ensures that the numbers applied to each record are unique.
- The number format will match the auto-number format currently configured in the instance.
- This replaces all existing auto-number generation in Field Service including:
- Work order
- Purchase Order
- Inventory Transfer
- Inventory Adjustment
- For now, until an instance opts-in, it will continue to see the record numbers generating as it has, through the legacy Field Service logic.
- Fixed: Duplicate work order numbers are generated when multiple WOs are created simultaneously (see above enhancement).
- Fixed: Work location not set on drag/drop of WO requirement.
- Fixed: Not able to create WO due to real time workflow conflicts with post create operations.
- Fixed: WorkOrder form: add missing js dependency.
- Fixed: When Invoice is created from Agreement Invoice Setup, all fields should be populated.
- Fixed: Saving in Progress error when only saving Contact/Account/SystemUser form.
- Fixed: Daylight Savings Time issue: Work Order’s End Time changes when it is set to the last Sunday of March and user is in GMT +1:00, +0:00 time zone.
- Fixed: Work Order duration miscalculation.
Connected Field Service enhancements
- IoT Command Definition form layout has been modified for improved experience.
- Register device message now prompts for repeated registration to improve user experience.
- Security roles modifications needed for Field Service users to access Connected Field Service and security role best practices have been published here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/field-service/cfs-security-roles
- Fixed: Register Device does not work for Azure IoT Hub with invalid endpoint error.
- Fixed: Unable to associate an IoTDevice with Customer Asset in ‘Field Service’ appmodule
- Fixed: When converting an IoTAlert to a case, the title doesn’t get mapped automatically.
- Fixed: Remove Send Command Button from WO and Asset and Case if CFS not in use and no alert attached
- Fixed: Link “Learn more” from welcome dashboard popup has invalid redirect
Jason Cohen & Girish Raja
Dynamics 365 Engineering