Announcing end-of-life for Project Service legacy versions by February 2020
Continuing toward our goal of having all customers on the latest version of Dynamics 365, today we are announcing the retirement of all legacy versions of Dynamics 365 for Project Service by the end of February, 2020. All customers must update to Project Service version 3.x by February 2020.
This change aims to provide all users access to the latest capabilities and improvements and offer a better support experience.
The following versions are impacted:
- Project Service versions 2.x and 1.x
We will continue to release regular updates on these versions until October 2019, and we will continue to provide support until December 2019.
Recent improvements are only available in Project Service version 3.x, so organizations using earlier versions are missing out on new capabilities, including:
- Improved scheduling experiences
- Configurable dimensions for resource pricing and costing
- Booking reconciliation views
- Modern WBS experiences
- Fluid and easy task assignment experiences
- Configurable and customizable time and expense entry
- Recalling or cancelling approval on an Approved time entry
- Multi-currency cost price lists and currency agnostic global price list for costs
- And much more.
Details on all these new features and more can be found on the Project Service documentation site.
You’ll find details explaining the new capabilities available with each major release in the release notes for Spring ’18, October ‘18, and April ‘19.
For steps to update, see Project Service upgrade considerations.
We’re excited for all our customers, who still are on the legacy versions of Project Service, to be able to take advantage of all the recent and future improvements as we continue to head toward new and exciting places.