There are a number of reasons for companies to use electronic invoicing instead of paper documents, such as maintaining compliance, being able to adapt quickly to changing regulations, and reducing manual errors – not to mention reducing costs and speeding up end-to-end invoice processing.
In addition, governments are increasingly turning to electronic invoicing as a key component of the digitalization of tax. By requiring digital submission of real-time tax information to tax authorities, governments are able to minimize tax evasion and manipulation, and reduce fraud.
And whether you’re in the public or private sector, electronic invoicing is now required in over 60 countries.
The Electronic invoicing add-on (preview) expands the invoicing capabilities in Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, and Dynamics 365 Project Operations to help organizations save money and reduce risk. The add-on simplifies adherence to the latest electronic invoicing standards, and provides consistent experiences in electronic invoice processing and exchange across different geographies.
The Electronic invoicing add-on includes several out-of-the-box regional and country-specific solutions. Through flexibility in data transformation and simplified configurable integrations, organizations can use the Electronic invoicing add-on to enable electronic invoicing processing everywhere.
Starting in October 2020, the electronic invoicing add-on is available for preview.
Electronic invoicing brings together configurable formats for transformations and configurable integrations for connectivity. These capabilities unlock an array of benefits:
- Faster and easier adoption to region or country-specific requirements (Brazilian and Mexican electronic invoicing is fully configurable)
- Standardization of e-invoicing solution implementations
- Enhanced e-invoice processing traceability
- Easier maintenance to comply with changing legal requirements and local business practices
- Simplified solution packaging
Electronic invoicing add-on capabilities include:
- Out-of-the-box integration with Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, and Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Seamless experience for electronic invoice process configuration and monitoring for all regions or countries
- Configuration of electronic invoicing service through Regulatory Configuration Services (RCS), which is an enhanced version of Electronic Reporting designer as a standalone service
- Transformation of business data into multiple e-invoice formats (XML, JSON, TXT, CSV) using configurations defined in Regulatory Configuration Service
- Configurable submission of e-invoices to external web services including certification handling
- Handling responses from web services, including configurable exception message handling
- Support of electronic signatures
- Batch processing e-invoice documents
We are continuously monitoring developments in this area and will be expanding capabilities in core capabilities of the global platform as well as providing electronic invoicing capabilities for more regions and countries.
In the Public Preview release, the out-of-the-box configuration capabilities cover Brazilian and Mexican electronic invoice integration scenarios. They also allow creating electronic invoices adherent to standards for other countries including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, and the common Pan-European Public Procurement Online (PEPPOL) format.
Learn more about the Electronic invoicing add-on and other globalization capabilities in Electronic invoicing add-on overview.