In this fast-paced world, customers expect to be able to interact with brands in ways that extend beyond traditional channels. Brands are constantly competing for the attention of customers who are deluged with messages daily. Text messages and messaging apps like WhatsApp, Viber, and Telegram represent an opportunity to engage your customers where they’re paying attention. Your customers benefit from increased and faster engagement with your brand through a real-time, personalized experience—and you’re more effective in triggering a specific customer action or behavior.
Curious about how you can integrate WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, and many other channels in your journeys to engage your customers in the moments that matter?
Discover Dynamics 365 Marketing custom channels
With custom channels, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing meets the need for a customizable model that supports any customer outreach and engagement medium marketers may demand. Along with built-in channels like email, text messages, and push notifications, you can now create custom communication channels to use in your journeys. Custom channels provide additional extensibility and personalization capabilities when reaching out to your customers, increasing the efficiency of your communications.
With custom channels you can:
- Bring a new communication channel like WhatsApp, Viber, or Telegram to Dynamics 365 Marketing. These channels support a custom message editor and deliverability analytics. Two-way communication and custom interactions will follow in future releases.
- Extend the functionality of text messages by connecting to any provider you want. Custom text message channels come with all the features supported by the built-in providers: text message editor with preview, two-way communication, analytics, and interactions.
By adding a custom channel to Dynamics 365 Marketing, you unfold its true potential and maximize your users’ engagement through:
- Creation of personalized messages content for a more individualized experience.
- Plugging your custom channels and messages into any customer journey.
- Tracking the deliverability of your messages to assess and optimize the effectiveness of your new channels.
Engaging your customers in non-conventional channels can also freshen up the image and perception of your brand. For instance, sending messages on WhatsApp can give your customers a feeling of closeness. You can define the channels that match your brand and your audience.
Our Dynamics 365 Marketing customers are already using custom channels in their journeys to send:
- Appointment confirmations with local text message providers, for customer to never miss on them,
- Promotional campaigns with exclusive discounts on WhatsApp or Viber,
- Various types of reminders through text messages or WhatsApp,
- Informational WhatsApp messages to increase the attendance for upcoming community events.
For instance, one of our customers has set up a journey that informs like-minded professionals about webinars and live community events that could interest them. The message includes a link to a form for professionals to sign up for the events. WhatsApp was chosen as a more engaging and real-time channel than emails, while less intrusive than text messages. In addition to keeping customers informed of upcoming events, the goal is to increase event registrations and the average attendance.
Start using custom channels in your customer outreach
Take advantage of custom channels in Dynamics 365 Marketing to capitalize on favorite and proven channels you’ve already invested time and effort in. Add real-time marketing capabilities like personalization, consent, and deliverability analytics to take your personalized targeting to the next level and maximize the impact of your communications.
Ready to start building your new custom channels in Dynamics 365 Marketing? Read the release notes and check out the product documentation: Create custom channels (Dynamics 365 Marketing) | Microsoft Learn
Not yet a Dynamics 365 Marketing Customer? Take a guided tour and get a free trial!