Manage attribute-based omnichannel sales pricing
Pricing is one of the fundamental tools to boost supply chain profits by better matching supply and demand. Many businesses have started to reform their pricing strategies in recent years as a result of the growth of e-commerce and the constantly changing business environments in order to improve pricing transparency, supply chain agility and margin optimization.
We are launching the Public Preview of Pricing management within Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management from 10.0.33 to support sales managers managing and execute the attribute-based omnichannel sales pricing.
Why attribute-based omnichannel pricing?
- Transaction to omnichannel pricing:
Traditional business-to-business (B2B) organizations are increasingly considering switching to omnichannel sales and selling directly to end customers in order to have greater control over price and margins. The omnichannel transformation results in significant modifications to pricing models and rules.
By offering an omnichannel price engine, a central place to manage pricing rules and automated omnichannel pricing execution, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management aids B2B business in the transition to omnichannel pricing.
- Transaction to attribute-based pricing:
Working with the marketing and product manager to comprehend the product differentiating features, target customer segments and other pricing sensitivity elements is one of the important responsibilities of the sales managers. The package types, the delivery mode and the expected receipt date could be one of the pricing differentiators. By giving business the ability to convert data from customers, product, and orders into price attributes and building pricing on different pricing structure, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management supports business to adopt the attribute-based pricing model.
What is Pricing management?
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management Pricing Management leverages the Commerce Scale Unit (CSU) to help traditional B2B companies embrace omnichannel pricing. Pricing management enables attribute-based pricing for the price components that are across the sales pricing structures, including product base price, sales trade agreement price, discounts, charges and rebate management.
How Pricing management supports business flows:
- DESIGN your pricing component types using price attributes.
- CONSTRUCT your pricing structure with pricing components, such as margin elements.
- MANAGE price markup based on product standard cost (for manufactured products) or vendor price catalog (for trading products).
- SIMULATE pricing rules and impacts.
- EXECUTE pricing calculation across channels.
- MONITOR promotion fund consumption with control.
- Flexible data model for building price attributes. Price attributes can be based on categorized product pricing differentiators, customer groups and order types.
- Central place to offer, manage and calculate pricing. Boost pricing transparency across channels, which is essential for aligning pricing strategies across multiple channels.
- Manage complex pricing structures with price component breakdowns. When you place an order, the pricing details reflect the pricing structure for you to understand the pricing calculation sequence and price breakdowns for future in-depth analysis.
- Establish the sophisticated pricing with pricing simulator to evaluate the impact. When converting from B2B pricing to B2B and B2C pricing, consider discount concurrency, bundle sales, mandatory sales items, and bonus free item pricing rules.
- Fund control to ensure you don’t avoid margin leakage from fund consumption.
- Real-time cross channel pricing execution with the pricing engine to quickly determine pricing while considering a variety of commercial aspects, such as the item’s general base price, the price of a sales trade agreements, long-term discount agreements, short-term promotion discounts, and retrospective rebate calculations for each sales order.
- External applications can retrieve calculated pricing by leverage the Commerce Scale Unit (CSU)based Pricing APIs.
If your organization on the journal transition to attribute-based omnichannel selling pricing, consider taking the next step with Pricing Management within Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
Get an overview of Pricing management by reading the document.
If you are a potential customer or partner and want to learn more, contact the https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/supply-chain/pricing-management/price-attributes-overview product team directly by email.
Also check a series of demo video in Pricing management Yammer.
Not yet a Supply Chain Management customer? Take a guided tour