Version 4.0.4 of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 SDK is now available for download! This version contains lots of great new and updated information:
· Offline Plug-in Security – New information about the additional security restriction for an offline plug-in, which requires that a registry key named after the public key token of the plug-in assembly be added to the system registry. The online/offline plug-in sample code and walkthrough was updated too.
· Plug-in Constructor – Added a topic explaining how to write a constructor for a plug-in that accepts parameters. These strings can be used to pass information to the plug-in at run time.
· Privileges by Message – The appendix showing the required privileges for each message has been updated. There are a few outstanding messages that will be completed in the next SDK release.
· Outlook Sample Code and Programming Reference – The reference topics for the Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Sdk assembly have been completed. Added new sample code that interacts with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook using this assembly.
· Using the Discovery Service in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live – Added a topic to show how to get the Web reference for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live.
· SiteMap Sample Code – Added step-by-step instructions for how to change the label text in the navigation pane.
· Scripting Sample Code – Added a new scripting sample that allows you to control which users can update data in a field.
· Report Writers Guide – Added a new topics on linking reports, managing reports offline and new information about publishing reports.
· Other Sample Code
- How to Send a Bulk E-mail and Monitor the System Job
- How to Start an Asynchronous Bulk Delete Job and Review Results
- Using the BackgroundSendEmail Message
- Using the QualifyMembersList Message
The online version of the SDK will be available within a few days, so check back to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer Center later this week.