Check out the latest SDK update, version 4.0.5! If you’ve been waiting for sample code in VB .NET, then download the SDK. We’ve converted over 100 samples to VB .NET.
Here’s a list of changes:
- Added 64-bit versions of the DLLs needed for plug-in and custom workflow activity development.
- New sample code for accessing the CRM Web services from JScript including:
- How to use the GenerateAuthenticationHeader function to simplify your JScript code.
- Samples showing how to call each CrmService Web service method using JScript.
- How to retrieve data from related records
- New walkthrough that shows how you can use a Web Debugging proxy to capture SOAP packets for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Web service calls from a console application.
- New sample showing how to add a new Web page to the navigation pane.
- New info in the Report Writers Guide:
- Linking related reports
- Managing reports in offline mode
- Formatting values in reports
- Categorizing and displaying reports in different languages
- New message for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online: RetrieveOrganizationResources. This message retrieves statistics about the resources used for an organization.
- New custom workflow activity samples:
- Return a calculated value
- Create a task in a custom workflow activity
- Return the next birthday for an account or contact
- New sample code for these messages:
- New topic on how to export customized entity and attribute text for translation.
- New topic and sample code that contains information about using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook SDK.
- Added information and sample code showing how to instantiate the Web services in code executing within a child pipeline.
- Updated upgrade information for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 callouts.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!