The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 9 on Thursday, February 11, 2010.
The links below will take you to the necessary information about Update Rollup 9.
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5869f2b3-d1a0-4f71-8be3-fde6e8053a2e
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=977650
General Details about Update Rollup 9
- Update Rollup 9 is cumulative. However, the Update Rollup 9 CRM Client and Data Migration Client packages require Update Rollup 7 to be installed. For all other CRM components you do not need to install any previous Update Rollups prior to Update Rollup 9
- The Update Rollup 9 download contains updates for the 40 supported Language Packs. Prior to installing the Update Rollup 9 Language pack you must install the original Language pack.
- If you have Language Packs installed, you should
1. Download the Update Rollup 9 Language Pack
2. Install the Update Rollup 9 Language Pack
3. De-provision the Language Pack
4. Re-provision the Language Pack
- Information about how to avoid reboots when installing the CRM Outlook Client can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting.
- The Update Rollup 9 Client can be deployed before the server is upgraded to Update Rollup 9.
- Steps to make the Update Rollup 9 Client available via AutoUpdate can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting. The Link and Patch IDs can be found in KB article 977650.
- Each update rollup could have fixes that require manual configuration. Please see the “Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually” section in KB 977650.
Internet Explorer 8 Customers
The Internet Explorer team released a cumulative update on 1/21/2010. This cumulative update is recommended for customers that use Microsoft CRM. It will resolve issues caused by the popup blocker when using the CRM Client. It will also help resolve formatting issues when using the CRM web client submenus in an Internet facing deployment.
The IE8 cumulative update can be obtained from Microsoft Update. More information about this update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978207.
How to get support for Update Rollup 9
To get support please contact Microsoft Product Support. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS
Note: In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.