CRM MVP Marc Wolenik and CEO of Webfortis and the SAM Publishers has provided MSDN with a chapter from his book for the SAMS Unleashed series.
In Microsoft Dynamics® CRM 4 Integration Unleashed, two leading experts present proven techniques, best practices, and example code for going far beyond the out-of-the-box capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. Using these solutions and sample applications, you will enhance all of your company’s relationships–with vendors, distributors, employees, users, affiliates, and customers.
Authors Marc J. Wolenik and Rajya Vardhan Bhaiya walk you step by step through integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Microsoft SharePoint, Office Communicator, Microsoft Office PerformancePoint, BizTalk, Silverlight, VoIP phone systems, and both Google and MSN mapping tools. They also present a full analysis of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM accelerators and advanced topics and three full chapters on integration using Scribe’s state-of-the-art adapters and templates. You’ll discover how to extend Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 with enterprise dashboards, stronger “deep-dive” data analysis, and much more. Wolenik and Bhaiya even demonstrate how to make custom Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications available directly to your customers, without compromising security.
- Use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 as an “xRM” platform for developing custom applications to enhance any type of business relationship
- Leverage new Azure cloud computing solutions for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Design infrastructure to efficiently run your customized Microsoft Dynamics CRM implementation
- Extend Microsoft Dynamics CRM internally, with plug-ins, source-to-source integration, IFRAME-based custom application integration, and JScript
- Extend Microsoft Dynamics CRM externally, with accelerators, public Web services, direct SQL interaction, and customer-facing Web sites
- Implement KPIs and gain deeper business insight by integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 with PerformancePoint
- Create dashboards and other visual Microsoft Dynamics CRM tools with Silverlight
- Develop custom Microsoft Dynamics CRM applications with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Integrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Team Foundation Server
- Use Scribe templates and adapters to streamline data integration and migration
About the Authors
Marc J Wolenik, MCP, PMP, MBS CRM, is founder and CEO of Webfortis, a consulting company and Microsoft Gold Certified Partner specializing in solutions built with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. He has extensive experience with CRM implementation, integration, and migration and is deeply involved in building custom vertical solutions around the Dynamics platform.
Rajya Vardhan Bhaiya, MCP, MCSD, MCTS is a software practice manager at ExtraTeam, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. He has extensive experience supporting large-scale Fortune 500 applications that use and integrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, and PerformancePoint.