How to add a blank node in dimension set hierarchy in AX 2009
When you attempt to enter a journal involving a ledger account without the selection of a cost center dimension in Dynamics AX 2009, you receive the following error message: “Dimension set value XX – ? on set YY is not authorized on hierarchy ZZ for account DDDD.”
You need to assign a node underneath the department dimension to accept a blank cost center when that department is selected on a journal. In doing this, the system will allow you to enter a journal that uses this department dimension without requiring that you also select a cost center dimension. (NOTE: For the purposes of illustration, this article assumes that you are trying to configure Dynamics AX 2009 so that when the 110110 ledger account is used in a journal where the 010 department dimension is assigned, a cost center dimension should not have to be assigned. However, when the 110110 ledger account is used in a journal where other department dimensions are assigned, a cost center needs to be assigned. This also assumes that there is a single dimension set being used which contains both the department and cost center dimensions that is called DEPT+CC and assigned to a dimension set hierarchy called NEW. The resolution steps outlined below are designed for this scenario. It is likely that your dimension set configuration differs. However, you should be able to utilize the resolution steps outlined below for creating a node underneath that will allow a blank cost center to be accepted when the department is used.) Please take the following steps to add the correct cost center node underneath the department dimension to allow a blank cost center:
1. Click on General Ledger, click on Setup, click on Dimensions, and then click Dimension sets to open the Dimension sets form.
2. In the Dimension set area of the Dimension sets form, click on DEPT+CC.
3. In the Dimension set hierarchy area of the Dimension sets form, click on the NEW dimension set hierarchy, and then click the Structure designer button to open the Structure designer form.
4. Click on the 010 – Administration node underneath Company, and then click Create. The cursor should now default in to the right side. Take the following steps to create this node:
a. In the Row name field enter, ” “.
b. Click the Setup tab.
c. Select Cost center as the Topic.
d. Enter ” ” in the Value field.
e. Mark the Check and Simulate checkboxes in the Structure designer form.
f. Click the Update button.
g. Close the Structure designer form.
5. Click on General Ledger, click on Setup, click on Dimensions, and then click Dimension sets to open the Dimension sets form.
6. In the Dimension set forms, click the Dimension set rules button to open the Dimension set rules form.
7. In the Detailed Rules area of the Dimension set rule form, use the following steps to create a detail rule for the 110110 ledger account:
a. Enter Ledger in the Application module field.
b. Enter Ledger account in the Object type field.
c. Enter 110110 in the Identification field.
d. Enter NEW in the Hierarchy field.
e. Enter ? – ? – ? in the Prefix field.
8. Close the Dimension set rules form.
After you follow these steps, when you enter a journal that involves the 110110 ledger account which has the 010 department assigned, you will no longer receive the “Dimension set value XX – ? on set YY is not authorized on hierarchy ZZ for account DDDD.”