I’m pleased to announce that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide (IG) is now available! This documentation has been the culmination of nearly 3 years of content development that included scores of bugs processed as well as outstanding effort from members across pm, test, dev, and support disciplines.
This guide contains comprehensive information about how to plan, install, and maintain Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. The IG consists of the following documents:
- Planning Guide: This Microsoft Office Word document gives you the information and tools that help you get your organization ready for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. It includes two main aspects of planning for a customer relationship management (CRM) system:
- Technical: These topics focus on areas such as the supported topologies, system requirements, and technical considerations to address before you install.
- Implementation methodology: These topics cover the business management, CRM requirements, and project management aspects that are needed when you deploy a CRM system.
- Installing Guide: This Word document provides the information that you need to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, such as step-by-step instructions for running Setup, and command-line instructions for silent installations.
- Operating and Maintaining Guide: This Word document gives you information about how to back up, restore, and provide data recovery for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. Additionally, this guide provides troubleshooting steps for known issues.
The CRM 2011 IG is available at the following locations:
- TechNet (English only)
- Microsoft Download Center (available in 13 languages)