The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering (SE) team released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 17 on Thursday, May 5, 2011.
The links below will take you to the necessary information about Update Rollup 17:
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94fa9f74-f574-4c24-a42f-915f1a843f44
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2477746
General details about Update Rollup 17
Update Rollup 17 is cumulative. However, the Update Rollup 17 CRM Client and Data Migration Client packages require Update Rollup 7 to be installed. For all other CRM components, you do not need to install any previous Update Rollups prior to Update Rollup 17.
The Update Rollup 17 download contains updates for the 40 supported Language Packs. Prior to installing the Update Rollup 17 Language Pack, you must install the original Language Pack.
If you have Language Packs installed, you should
1. Download the Update Rollup 17 Language Pack
2. Install the Update Rollup 17 Language Pack
3. De-provision the Language Pack
4. Re-provision the Language Pack
- Information about how to avoid reboots when installing the CRM Outlook Client can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting.
- The Update Rollup 17 Client can be deployed before the server is upgraded to Update Rollup 17.
- Steps to make the Update Rollup 17 Client available via AutoUpdate can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting. The Link and Patch IDs can be found in KB article 2477746.
- Each update rollup could have fixes that require manual configuration. Please see the “Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually” section in KB article 2477746.
How to get support for Update Rollup 17
For support, please contact Microsoft Product Support. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS.
Note: In special cases, charges ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.