following documentation describes how to add the Visual C# (cs file) into a
Visual Studio project, so it is possible to generate a new dll file, which can
replace the existing one on the POS.
Before we are able to modify and create new dll files, we
need to download and install the Partner plug-ins from partner or customer
In the following description we take the example with the
Printing.dll, which source code can be found in the services and Printing.
The following steps are needed.
1. Open Visual Studio 2008 or Visual Studio 2010
2. Create a new project as Class library
3. In the name and Solution name, you type
“Printing” which will be the name of the dll file that comes out after
building. Correct the path were you want this to be stored
4. After the project has been created, you delete the file called Class1.cs
5. Then we are ready to copy in the CS files we got with the Partner Retail plug-ins. Mark all cs
6. Now we have all data in the VS project, but when
we try to build the dll in BUILD/Build Printing we receive a long list of
error. These error are caused by missing references, which we now have to add
7. The error log mentions all the missing references that are specified in the CS files. The easiest way to build a new dll is to add all available references, even if they are not used.
The dll files that need to be referenced are stored in the POS folder.
To add these dll files to the project you can either drag and drop them into the project on the references tab or by right clicking “Add references”
Go to Browse and find your POS folder. Mark all DLL files except
Add the dlls.
8. After adding the standard Dlls from the POS
folder, we will still miss two references, because the Printing.dll includes forms.
The two missing reference are
added by adding the references again and then on the .NET instead of Browse
9. Now you can BUILD the Printing.dll successful.
10. After the building, you can copy the created dll into the POS folders and replace the original one.