The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 List Component adds functionality to SharePoint which enables Document Management capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. In order to deploy the List Component Solution the following modifications to SharePoint are required:
- Run the following command in the SharePoint Management Console for a specific Web application: AllowHtcExtn.ps1 <Web Application URL>.
- Alternatively, set the Browser File Handling to Permissive to allow automatic execution of Web content. Only a farm administrator can change the Browser File Handling settings.
These modifications cannot be made directly to SharePoint Online due to the multi-tenanted nature of the service. The SharePoint team is currently deploying new features to SharePoint Online – included in this update are the necessary modifications to support deploying the List Component.
I have posted a blog to CRM Connection describing the end user experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM once the List Component has been installed. The purpose of this post is to highlight the steps required to deploy the List Component to SharePoint Online and configure within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The following steps highlight how to enable SharePoint Online as the Document Management functionality in Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
Install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM List Component Solution to SharePoint Online
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded CRM2011-SharePointList-ENU-amd64.exe, and double-click it.
- In the Open File – Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- To accept the license agreement, click Yes.
- Select a folder to store the extracted files, and click OK.
The following files are extracted:
- AllowHtcExtn.ps1 (NOT required for SharePoint Online)
- Open your browser.
- In the address bar, type the URL of the site collection on which you want to install the Microsoft Dynamics CRM List component.
- Click Site Actions, and then click Site Settings.
- Under Galleries, click Solutions.
- On the Solutions tab, in the New group, click Upload Solution.
Click Browse, locate the crmlistcomponent.wsp file, and then click OK.
- On the Solutions tab, in the Commands group, click Activate.
Configure Data Management in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Navigate to Settings and click on Document Management in the left Navigation bar
- Click On Document Management Settings
- Select the CRM entities to enable for Document Management and then enter your SharePoint Online URL, click Next
- Select how you would like the Document Libraries organized in SharePoint Online (Account – B2B or Contact – B2C), click Next
- Document Libraries will now be created in SharePoint Online to support the hierarchy selected in the previous step, click Finish
Document Management with SharePoint Online is now configured within Microsoft Dynamics CRM. When a Microsoft Dynamics CRM user click on Documents on the CRM form, the List Component will look for a corresponding Document Library and if one does not exist create one.
Senior Technical Product Manager