As you are proceeding through the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Data Upgrade checklist, if the configuration options have not been setup properly, users can receive the following error when using the Connect to source database window from the Data Upgrade Checklist:
Error Message: Cannot copy table SQLDICTIONARY from source environment to table
Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: DestinationTableName
This error is caused if the Keep update objects 6.0 configuration key found under the Administration tree node has not been marked. Setting configuration options during the Data Upgrade Checklist varies slightly depending on which version of Dynamics AX 2012 is installed.
- If using Dynamics AX 2012 CU-3 or higher, or with the Dynamics AX 2012 Feature Pack installed, the License configuration window can be opened from the Upgrade preparation part of the Data Upgrade Checklist under the option Configure application functionality.
- If using a version of Dynamics AX 2012 RTM prior to CU-3, then the user will have to do the following steps:
- Press Ctrl-D while looking at the checklist to go into a developer workspace
- Open the AOT and navigate to to Menus – SystemAdministration – Setup – Licensing
- Right click on the Licensing menu option and choose Open
Once the License configuration window is open, it is important to expand the Administration tree node and make sure that the Keep update objects 6.0 and Keep update objects 5.0 options are marked. The entire tree should be examined and the configuration options for the other modules should be setup the way that your previous source version of Dynamics AX was setup. Some of the key options may have changed or possibly removed, so set up your options based on how they were in the previous version and how you intend to use the functionality in the new version. Failing to mark a configuration option could lead to data from the source environment to not be copied into Dynamics AX 2012.