We’ve posted preliminary Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 content on TechNet and MSDN.
The New, Changed, and Deprecated Features guide has been updated to include R2 features. The guide contains new features for 2012, the 2012 Feature Pack, and 2012 R2, so to find the latest information, you need to search for R2.
At general availability of R2, we will post additional content to TechNet and MSDN, and will also make installable help updates with translated Help content available.
The following list provides links to a description of each group of topics that we have added for R2.
For more information about documentation for all versions of the product, see the following resources:
System Administrator topics
The Installation and Upgrade content on TechNet has been updated to apply to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
Topics that support the following 2012 R2 features have been published on TechNet.
- What’s New: Data partitioning
- Plan for data partitioning
- Data partitioning architecture
- Configure clients to access data in a partition
Virtual company scenarios: Project management and accounting
The following topics have also been published or updated, but are not specific to R2.
- Data Migration Framework User Guide, updated for Beta 2 release
- Change the account used by AOS
- Troubleshoot common AOS problems
- Services and AIF Walkthroughs
- Install and configure Search prerequisites
- SQL Server topology, describes support for Windows Server Failover Clustering (WSFC), and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn Availability groups.
- Enterprise Portal administration with Windows PowerShell and AXUpdatePortal
- Workflow with a conditional decision
The reference topics for X++ and .NET have been updated for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. This update includes changes to thousands of topics. In particular, the .NET Framework Classes for Microsoft Dynamics AX Retail section has changed. In this section, we added the Microsoft.Dynamics.Commerce.Runtime Namespace, and significantly updated the Microsoft.Dynamics.Retail.Pos.Contracts Namespace.
Documentation for over 1900 Data upgrade scripts has also been updated for R2.
Application User topics
Topics that support the following feature areas, regions and countries have been published or updated on TechNet.
White Papers and Guides
The following white papers and guides have been published or updated to support R2.
- Installation Guide
- System Requirements
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Service tax reverse charge mechanism
- Enhancements to inventory close performance
- Preparing for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
- An Introduction to Client Surrogate Keys in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
The following white papers and guides have been published or updated, but are not specific to R2.
- Deploying customizations across Microsoft Dynamics AX environments
- Retail Benchmark for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Connector for Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Electronic Correction Letter white paper (Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009)
- System Requirements for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009