Updates to Help Server content are distributed as hotfixes.
Where are the Help Server updates and language packs?
The hotfixes that contain updated content are posted on CustomerSource and PartnerSource. For each hotfix, there is a corresponding KnowledgeBase (KB) article that describes what’s in that hotfix and provides instructions for installing the update.
An efficient way to find a hotfix is to search for the KB article that’s associated with a hotfix, which provides links to the files you can download and install.
The following KB articles are available for Help Server content for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012:
- 2781666 This hotfix includes US English content for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 client.
- 2585394 This hotfix includes translated content for the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 client. This KB includes links to KB 2781666 that provides an update to Help Server content in U.S. English, and to KB 2670668 that provides translated help content for the AX 2012 feature pack.
- 2653750 This hotfix includes updated content for Enterprise Portal for the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Feature Pack.
- 2670668 This hotfix includes translated content for the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 client, which has been updated for the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Feature Pack. The feature pack update is the most current release of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 content that you can install on the Help Server.
Search for Help Server updates
To search for a specific KB, go to the CustomerSource home page; you will need a login name and password to access this page.
From the navigation pane at the left side of the page, open the Support menu and select Knowledge Base from the Self Support group.
To locate a specific KB article, enter the number of the KB that you are looking for in the search field.
The results page will display a link to the KB article you searched for. Click the link to open the article.
The KB article contains installation instructions that will walk you through installing the updated.
Installing Help Server updates
When you install a Help Server update, you re-install the Help Server, including updated content. To install the update, follow the installation process that you used to complete the initial Help Server installation. That process is summarized here. However, you should refer to the instructions in the KB or in the Installation Guide for the product for the specific instruction steps.
You must have Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 installed to install any Help Server updates.
- Save and unpack the hotfix. You’ll do this for each language that you’re installing content for. To run the installation process, be sure the CD image is copied to a network location.
- Uninstall the MSI for the language you’re installing, if an MSI for that language exists.
- Be sure a folder has been created to store the content that you’re installing.
- From the Help Server, run the Setup.exe file from the root of the CD folder.
- Follow the prompts on the screen. Refer to the installation documentation in the KB or in the Installation Guide for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for complete instructions.
The KB contains a list of the languages that updates are available for.
Other ways to find help
We also provide application user help on our TechNet site here, where the content is updated regularly. It is also discoverable from search engines, and is fully indexed on Bing.
Please see this blog post for more information about our help content overall: Official Dynamics AX Content – where is it, and how can you find out about updates?