The Best Practices Analyzer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is a tool for identifying issues that can prevent you from successfully deploying a three-tier environment of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013. A three-tier deployment is one where the client, Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server, and SQL Server are installed on separate computers. These deployments can be challenging because they often require additional domain administration tasks. The tool is relevant whether the client is a RoleTailored client or a Web services client.
The Best Practices Analyzer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 performs the following verifications:
- Verifies that an appropriate version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server is installed. Only Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is supported.
- Verifies Microsoft Dynamics NAV connection strings.
- Verifies that the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web services service, and the SQL Server service, which are required for Microsoft Dynamics NAV, are running.
- Checks database permissions to make sure that the required resources can connect to the database.
- Verifies that the necessary service principal names (SPN) have been created and correctly configured on the account that is running the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!