Are you aware that now we can install application updates (or a subset of them) using the advanced installation option in the CU7 installer? I wanted to demonstrate how you can do it. I hope it can help those who want to update specific bits without upgrading the whole application.
1. Download CU installation package and run the axupdate.exe and install the components (it’s a prerequisite to use the Advanced installation option)
2. Reinitialize the model store (read mode details)
- On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Dynamics AX Management Shell.
- At the Windows PowerShell command prompt, PS C:\>, type Initialize-AXModelStore, and then press ENTER.
3. Restart the axupdate.exe select Database and then Advanced installation
Now you can select the modules to update or specific hotfixes.
For any hotfix, the details pane displays the title of the hotfix, the model and any updates that are included.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 Cumulative Update 7 and higher