Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 can be deployed on Microsoft Azure! This blog post provides an overview, and points you to TechNet articles that provide the details you’ll need for your deployment.
How to deploy
To deploy AX 2012 R3 on Azure, you can use Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services. Lifecycle Services is a cloud-based collaborative workspace that customers and partners can use to manage Microsoft Dynamics AX projects. The Cloud Hosted Environments tool—available on the Lifecycle Services website—helps you deploy AX 2012 R3 environments on Azure.
When you use the Cloud Hosted Environments tool to deploy, you’ll need to select the type of environment that you want to deploy on Azure. Currently, you can deploy the following types of AX 2012 R3 environments:
- Demo environment
If you choose to deploy this environment, the Cloud Hosted Environments tool deploys one virtual machine on Azure. This virtual machine has Windows Server—and the software that you’ll need to demo AX 2012 R3—already installed on it.
Note: The Cloud Hosted Environments tool is currently in beta and supports the deployment of AX 2012 R3 demo environments only. Additional AX 2012 R3 environments, such as a production environment and a disaster recovery environment, are planned to be released in the future, as announced at the Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2014 event.
The following diagram shows the architecture for the demo environment.
Where to get the details
To get the details about how to deploy AX 2012 R3 on Azure, see the following articles on TechNet:
- Get the overview: To learn more about Azure, and the overall process for deploying AX 2012 R3 on Azure, see Deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 on Azure using Lifecycle Services.
- Plan your deployment: To prepare for the deployment on Azure, see Plan your Microsoft Dynamics AX deployment on Azure.
- Deploy AX on Azure: For step-by-step procedures about how to use the Cloud Hosted Environments tool (in Lifecycle Services) to deploy AX 2012 R3 on Azure, see Deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX on Azure.
- Manage your deployment: For tips and tricks about how to manage your deployment on Azure, see Manage your Microsoft Dynamics AX deployment on Azure.
- Troubleshoot your deployment: To get assistance, see Troubleshoot your Microsoft Dynamics AX deployment on Azure.