We’re happy to release a collection of mobile app SDK samples to help deliver mobile-first solutions with Dynamics CRM. These starter apps for iOS, Android, and Windows platforms are for mobile developers looking to get started with Dynamics CRM as well as for seasoned Dynamics CRM developers exploring mobile development.
The sample apps leverage the Dynamics CRM web service and showcase patterns and practices for data connectivity with OData (REST) and SOAP endpoints as well as standards-based authentication with OAuth in mobile scenarios. You can download the source code for the apps and related documentation here:
- ActivityTracker for Windows Phone: This native Windows app sample is built using C# and Visual Studio.
- ActivityTracker for iOS : This native iOS app sample is built using Objective-C and XCode.
- ActivityTracker for Android: This native Android app sample is built using Java and Android Studio.
- ActivityTrackerPlus for Windows Phone: This app sample highlights usage of Cortana custom voice commands on top of the activity tracker scenario. The app showcases voice-based search and activity ‘check-in’ without using the keyboard and with a bit of personality! You can also pin a contact to the Start screen.
- CRMToGo: This sample app provides full access to all entities (including custom entities) through a metadata driven approach. This sample is built using the recently released CRM Service Utility for Mobile Development and Mobile Development Helper Code for Dynamics CRM. The app sample provides full CRUD functionality along with search, email, multi-lingual support, and more.
ActivityTracker is a reference scenario for the sample apps. ActivityTracker helps a user quickly search for contacts, access recent contacts and easily report ‘check-in’ activities in CRM. It is designed for sales and customer service professionals to quickly access and update information on the go. With the published source code, the app can be easily modified by developers for your own scenarios and requirements.
Please don’t forget the tremendous improvements we’ve made in our first party Dynamics CRM tablet apps and phone apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices that are highly customizable and ready-to-use out of the box. Custom apps built using our SDK complement our first party apps in improving mobile productivity. These samples provide a great starting point for developing role-tailored advanced mobile solutions that target specific scenarios and personas. We would love to hear more about cool mobile solutions you deliver and we look forward to showcasing your mobile success stories.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!