The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the availability of the June release of Lifecycle Services starting 6/26.
- Upgraded UX and enhanced navigation experience including introduction of direct navigation between services.
- Organization administrators can now view a list of all projects belonging to that organization. Administrators can also add themselves to any project in that list.
- You can now submit regulatory alerts to Microsoft directly from LCS. You can find additional details on this feature here. (This is a Preview Feature.)
Business process modeler
- You can now create hierarchies that have more than 5 levels.
- NetBIOS support has been added. To use these options, click Advanced settings > Customize domain settings when deploying your environment.
- Enterprise Portal reliability improvements have been made.
- When deleting an environment, deployed resources on Azure are now deleted. Keep the following points in mind:
- This new feature applies to all environments, including AX 2012 R3, ‘AX 7’, and CRM environments.
- The deletion process has two phases. Warnings and recommendations are made during each phase to ensure you have backed up necessary data.
Phase 1: This phase stops and de-allocates (so there are no usage charges) all VM resources. No other resources, such as networks, VIPS, endpoints, storage, SQL Azure databases, are impacted.
If you happen to make a mistake, you can recover after this phase is complete. To do so, click Start on the environment.
Phase 2: This phase deletes all deployed resources. To complete this phase, phase 1 must first be completed, and you must enter the name of the environment that you want to delete.
- When deploying an environment, you can add the environment to an existing Active Director/virtual network. Deleting an environment does NOT delete any resource that the Cloud-hosted environment tool did not deploy.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!