Microsoft Dynamics AX on Microsoft Azure is enabling great new opportunity for customers and partners to achieve incredible business agility. One of the key areas of future investment for Microsoft Dynamics AX is to deliver solutions through Microsoft Dynamics LifeCycle Services(LCS) that harness the power of Microsoft Azure elasticity. Specifically providing customers and partners tools and services to manage their environments efficiently in Microsoft Azure through simple capabilities through LCS. Because customer and partner feedback is important to us we are initially providing a set of powershell scripts that leverage Azure Automation through Runbooks capabilities as the first step in this journey. The scripts tackle as set of scenarios around more efficiently managing compute resources in Demo, Develop and Test topologies.
The Scripts are as follows;
- Start-AllAzureVMDevTest.ps1 – Connects to Azure and starts all VMs in the specified Azure subscription and deallocates their cloud services (For DEV/Test Topologies).
- Stop-AllAzureVMTestDev.ps1 – Connects to Azure and shuts down all VMs in the specified Azure subscription and deallocates their cloud services (For DEV/Test Topologies).
- StartExSet.ps1 – Connects to Azure and starts Specific VMs excluding the VM’s in the specified AV Set.
- StopExSet.ps1 – Connects to Azure and shuts down all VMs excluding the ones in the specified AV set
- StartExVM.ps1 – Connects to Azure and starts Specific VMs not within the specified exception list in the specified Azure subscription.
- StopExVM.ps1 – Connects to Azure and shuts down all VMs excluding the defined in the List.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!