With Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, we are enabling a tight integration between Dynamics NAV 2016 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM to allow for a more efficient lead to cash process. We are ensuring the users of the two products can make more informed decisions without switching products.
The integration is enabled with a default definition from within Microsoft Dynamics NAV which is simple to setup and to customize
Summary of key benefits
Working in the two systems generates lots of data that are very useful in the specific process, but it also creates data that can be used to make other people more efficient. The focus of the integration has been to utilize the strengths of the two systems and then sharing it when needed
- When you integrate data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM entities such as accounts, contacts, with equivalent record types in Microsoft Dynamics NAV such as customers and contacts; you open up for getting more information available to make better business decisions. A key example of this is the access to up-to-date financial information for their accounts for Dynamics CRM users
- Likewise, users of Microsoft Dynamics NAV now have easy access to information about Dynamics CRM opportunities and cases for a specific customer.
Efficient Order Processing:
- Synchronizing items, prices, and currencies from Dynamics NAV into a CRM pricelist enables the sales people to create up to date sales orders in CRM. Having these flow seamlessly to Dynamics NAV Sales Orders where the actual invoicing is supported ensures an efficient lead to cash process
- The integration is simple to setup and comes with a default set of integration points. Synchronization can be done automatically, ensuring that the required data is always up to date. It is possible to control the entities that are involved in the integration manually as well
- Synchronization of key entities is enabled automatically, ensuring that the required data is always up to date.
- It is possible to control the entities that are involved in the integration manually as well
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!