The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the October release of Lifecycle Services.
You can now manage the notifications you receive from LCS by using the notification management UI in LCS. Starting in October, release all project owners will receive emails from cloud-powered support and localization and translation.
LCS will use a personal access token for LCS/VSO project interactions. This will be used for all LCS/VSO interaction including work item creation, develop + build machine deployment, etc. All LCS projects that were previously configured will need to be reconfigured with a personal access token.
Use the following steps to retrieve and set up your token in LCS.
- Create a new LCS admin user in VSO.
- Login to VSO using an LCS admin account.
- Generate a personal access token for the user account.
- Login to LCS.
- Browse to project settings for the LCS project, and click setup VSO.
- Enter the Visual Studio Online site URL and the personal access token that you generated above.
- Continue through the setup process and select the VSO project you want to use for the above LCS project.
- Support has been added for the Azure Dv2-series virtual machines. These VMs are based on the latest Intel (Haswell) processor and are on average about 35% faster than D-series instances. Dv2-series VMs are available in 4 data centers at release and will roll-out to others across the world over the next several months. For more information, see the Azure Virtual Machines Pricing page.
- You can now deploy topologies within the same Lifecycle Services project to different Azure regions. To do so, create an Azure Connector for each region that you want to use. When deploying a topology, select the Azure Connector for the specific region that you want to deploy to.
- The Development topology now supports larger development teams.
- Several reliability and performance-related updates have been made across all topologies.
- To enable a better troubleshooting experience, native Azure errors are now surfaced through our error reporting functionality.
- An updated AX 2012 R3 CU9 image is now available.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!