The Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the December feature pack release of Lifecycle Services (LCS).
Localization and translation updates
- Dynamics 365 for Operations and Dynamics AX 2012: The Localization and translation tile is available and can be found on the project dashboard under More tools. To start the service, click the tile, select Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Translation Service, and then click Enter.
- Dynamics NAV: LCS provides NAV product availability as a public preview feature. You can enable NAV product availability by setting the Preview feature enabled slider to Yes on the Preview feature management page.
This will allow you to create a new LCS project with a Dynamics NAV product. After your project is created and you are in the project, you will find the Localization and translation tile in the More tools section. To start the translation service, click the tile, select Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Translation Service, and then press Enter.
The list of the support languages in the service have been extended, however they are sorted into two different groups. You will find the first group contains the product general availability (GA) languages, and the second group contains the extended partner languages. The second group starts with Afrikaans in the following screenshot. This grouping affects the sorting, so continue to scroll if you want to select a non-GA language for the service.
The following language pairs are NOT supported for the December release:
- English to/from any other English language variations except for English (United Kingdom)
- German to/from any other German language variations
- French to/from French (Switzerland)
- Spanish to/from Spanish (Mexico)
- Italian to/from Italian (Switzerland)Unless culture-specific legacy material is provided on the request, the machine translation outputs OTHER THAN because the product’s official release languages are based on the neutral language translation. This means that the resulting translation may need to be edited for the use in the specific culture.
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!