On May 25, 2018, a European privacy law is due to take effect that sets a new global bar for privacy rights, security, and compliance. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is fundamentally about protecting and enabling the privacy rights of individuals. The GDPR establishes strict privacy requirements governing how you manage and protect personal data while respecting individual choice—no matter where data is sent, processed, or stored.
As mentioned in an earlier blog post, Microsoft is dedicated to helping our partners and customers meet the requirements of the GDPR. By May 2018, Dynamics NAV 2018, Dynamics NAV 2017, Dynamics NAV 2016, and Dynamcis NAV 2015 will be updated with tools to help you get GDPR compliant. The March cumulative updates have just been made available and provide the first round of updates for you. We have prepared a Dynamics NAV whitepaper that will help you prepare for compliance. Get it here.
The following links provide additional information and will be updated over time:
- Microsoft Trust Center: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/privacy/gdpr/solutions#dynamics-365
- Microsoft GDPR Assessment: https://www.gdprbenchmark.com/
- Dynamics NAV Lifecycle: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Dynamics%20NAV
- Get GDPR compliant with the Microsoft Cloud: https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2017/02/15/get-gdpr-compliant-with-the-microsoft-cloud/
- Landing page for GDPR whitepapers for Dynamics 365: https://aka.ms/gdprdynamics365
We're always looking for feedback and would like to hear from you. Please head to the Dynamics 365 Community to start a discussion, ask questions, and tell us what you think!