We are pleased to announce that the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Upgrade Assessment Tool (UAT) Beta has been released to Microsoft Connect and can be downloaded here.
The Upgrade Assessment Tool (UAT) is a feature download that provides administrative users with information that they can use to determine whether computers that are managed by System Center 2012 Configuration Manager can run Windows 7 or Windows 8.
We redesigned the tool from its previous version, the Configuration Manager 2007 Application Compatibility Toolkit Connector (ACT Connector), with the following goals in mind.
- To take advantage of the hierarchy redesign in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and allow the administrator an enterprise view of the upgrade assessment information.
- To improve the performance of the upgrade assessment reports.
- To provide dynamic collection evaluation that is based on upgrade assessment information.
- Device driver compatibility information for installed peripheral devices and reports that you can use to determine which device drivers must be upgraded to support the Windows operating system.
- Information about which computers meet the recommended system requirements for Windows operating systems and to customize these requirements for your environments.
- Summary reports that you can use to see an enterprise-wide view of operating system upgrade readiness.
- Dynamic query-based collections for an operating system deployment. The collection query rules can be based on system requirements, application compatibility status, and device driver status.
For more information, see the Upgrade Assessment Tool announcement page on Microsoft Connect.
We encourage you to download the Upgrade Assessment Tool and give it a try in your Configuration Manager SP1 Beta environments. Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions:
- To submit product feedback or bugs: Use the feedback form on Connect.
- To send feedback about the documentation: Email SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.