Cumulative Update 2 for Configuration Manager SP1 is now available as a hotfix download via KB 2854009. In addition to various issue fixes, this update also includes the following:
- An updated Cumulative Update Setup Wrapper (Installer).
- The installer can now be run again on the same site server to create or to re-create deployment assistance items (packages and programs).
- The installer can update the Administrator Console directly when the installer is run on a site server or on a workstation where the console is installed. Earlier versions of the installer only copied the Administrator Console update (.msp) to the file system, and the console update had to be installed separately. The previous installation method of installing the update manually is still supported.
- The logging format is improved to increase detail for tracking progress or for troubleshooting installation failures.
- Updated list of supported Linux and UNIX clients. The list of supported UNIX and Linux platforms is updated to include x86 and x64 versions of the following:
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Ubuntu 10.04
- Oracle Linux 5
- Oracle Linux 6
- CentOS 5
- CentOS 6
- Debian 5
- Debian 6
The Configuration Manager Client for Linux and UNIX is updated to support these platforms and is available from the Microsoft Download Center.
As with other cumulative updates, this release is optional and does not affect the product support lifecycle.
For more information about cumulative updates, refer to Update System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and New cumulative update servicing model for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.