It’s Happy Thursday time, again!
How’s January going for you so far? If you’re finding it a little hard going after the holiday break, Carol’s following up on her last post with a fun challenge for you. Enjoy!
Dan (on behalf of the RMS team)
Hi, Carol here again. Just before the Christmas holidays, we released the Rights Management sharing application (also known as the RMS sharing app), so that you can easily protect any file, on any device. It’s so easy to use, you might not have read or need any supporting documentation – the admin guide, the user guide, the FAQs. But here’s a light challenge for you – 10 quiz questions to test yourself to see how well you know the Rights Management sharing application. We’ll post the answers the following day.
None of these are “trick” questions and you can find the answers on this blog or in the documentation. All have at least one correct answer but many have more than one correct answer, so assume they are the “Choose all that apply” variety.
Can’t wait until tomorrow for the answers? You’ll have to – but try comparing your answers with colleagues and see if you agree!
1. How do you obtain the RMS sharing application?
A. It’s included in AD RMS
B. It’s included in Windows Azure RMS
C. It’s included with Office 356
D. It’s a free download on the Microsoft Download Center
2. Which of the following types of documents natively support RMS, so that you can specify the read-only permission?
3. Which of the following statements are true for generic protection?
A. Unauthorized users cannot open the document
B. The document is encrypted before it’s opened
C. You can protect files of any type
D. The option to work on all devices is automatically enabled
4. Which versions of Windows currently support the RMS sharing application?
A. Windows Vista
B. Windows 7
C. Windows 8
D. Windows 8.1
5. Which of the following file types can RMS natively support?
6. Which of the following can’t you do with the RMS sharing application?
A. Multi-select files and protect them with a single template
B. Set protection for a folder so that new files in that folder are automatically protected
C. Set protection on files that are read-only
D. Remove protection from a file that you’ve previously protected
7. Which of the following does the RMS sharing application do when you use the Share Protected option in an Office application?
A. Create an encrypted email with an encrypted attachment
B. Create an unencrypted email with an encrypted attachment
C. Include a link in the email to download the RMS sharing application
D. Automatically creates and sends the email with the attachment
8. You want to safely share a confidential document with somebody outside your organization. Which of the following email addresses are currently supported by the RMS sharing application?
9. You’ve just deployed the RMS sharing application so that users on a highly-confidential project can safely email documents to a partner company. Will this require any changes to perimeter security systems?
A. Yes, security systems that check for attachments might require changes to accommodate protected attachments
B. No, no changes will be required on security systems that check for attachments
10. You want to securely share some files with your co-workers by using a network share on a file server. You copy them to the file server and use File Explorer to add the Rights Management protection. Which option do you then select?
A. Share Protected
B. Protect in-place
<end of quiz>