Within the month of August 2015, we released the following new features and capabilities for Azure RemoteApp:
- We went live with our #1 feature ask (over 1,000 votes) to add apps to the start menu for the Windows Azure RemoteApp client. Apps now show up in the application list, and you can pin them to the Start menu.
- Create a cloud deployment of Azure RemoteApp in an existing VNET. Applications such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Access, and other apps that might need to contact licensing servers or databases hosted on standard Azure VM’s are great examples of use cases that this new capability enables. Read the announcement
- We added a new template image to the Azure VM gallery that has Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus installed, it’s called “Windows Server Remote Desktop Session Host with Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus.” If you have an Office 365 ProPlus subscription, you can use this new image as a starting point for your custom image, speeding up your image creation. To get started, navigate to Azure VM gallery and look for the new image.
- Mac client was updated to version 8.0.19 fixing issue where application with modal windows might freeze the session
- Quick links for previous monthly updates for March, April, May, June, and July for Azure RemoteApp.
The following documentation was released:
- Three case studies:
- View our Roadmap for future product releases
- One of the most often asked question is How does Azure RemoteApp save user data and settings?
- The other most often asked question is How to use your Office 365 subscription with Azure RemoteApp. We added a new article describing exactly how Office 365 ProPlus and RemoteApp work together. Check it out to learn if you can use your existing SPLA licenses, how to use Visio and Project and more.
- We also documented how to control access to apps and data. Check out the article to learn how to use group policies and local policies in Azure RemoteApp, as well as use AppLocker to control access to specific apps.
- Find full documentation and technical guidance here
- Start a discussion about Azure RemoteApp on the Azure discussion forums
- Submit feedback on Azure RemoteApp in feedback forums
Thank you from the entire Remote Desktop (Azure RemoteApp) team!