We are happy to announce that Update 1605 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview is now available. New and updated features include:
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection – You can now manage Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) policies for onboarding and off-boarding Windows 10 clients to the cloud service and view agent health in the monitoring dashboard. Note: This requires a subscription to the Windows Defender ATP online service.
- Enterprise data protection (EDP) policy settings – With this Technical Preview, you can create and deploy EDP policies for devices running Windows 10 Insider Preview and Windows 10 Mobile Preview builds. This includes specifying apps, defining network boundaries, choosing the restriction modes, and other EDP settings.
- Windows Store for Business integration – The 1605 Technical Preview adds the ability to create both online and offline apps with the ability to deploy offline apps to Intune and ConfigrMgr managed devices. You can view video walkthroughs of how to set up and create apps for Windows Store for Business.
- Server groups (previously known as “Cluster Patching”) – You can now control settings for software updates in server groups, including the order and percentage of devices that can be updated at any one time. These capabilities introduce some enhancements over our pre-release “Servicing a cluster aware collection” feature, including the ability to control the order and better monitoring.
- Software Center experience – Software Updates and Operating Systems now have their own respective tabs in Software Center, rather than being accessible via the categories dropdown in the Applications tab.
- Changes in the Client Data Sources dashboard – You will now find the Client Data Sources dashboard in a new location under “Distribution Status”. We added new tiles that show you the amount of clients, distribution points and PeerCache enabled clients. The tiles will show a warning icon if the client to PeerCache enabled clients ratio is less than 50%. We also added a new stacked bar graph that shows the top distributed content in your environment.
- More progress based on your feedback in User Voice! This release includes improvements to the Install Software Updates task sequence step, including enhanced logging and a new task sequence variable to control the timeout on the software updates scan.
This release also includes the following new features for customers using System Center Configuration Manager connected with Microsoft Intune to manage mobile devices:
- Pre-declare corporate-owned devices -You can now identify corporate-owned devices by importing their international station mobile equipment identity (IMEI) numbers. You can upload a comma-separated values (.csv) file containing device IMEI numbers or you can manually enter device information. You can also import serial numbers for iOS devices. Imported information will set ownership of the devices that enroll as “Corporate”. An Intune license is still required for each user that accesses the service. View a video walkthrough of this feature.
- Remote device actions experience update – The admin experience for wiping, resetting the passcode, remote locking, and bypassing iOS Activation Lock on mobile devices has been adjusted. The states of these actions are now part of the devices’ details and properties.
- Remote full wipe for Windows 10 desktop devices – Support for remotely wiping and resetting Windows 10 desktop devices to factory settings.
- Auto-connect app list in Windows 10 VPN profiles – Admins can specify desktop and universal applications in Windows 10 VPN profiles that automatically establish a connection with the VPN when launched on the client. Admins can decide whether or not to limit VPN traffic to the apps in the list.
Please let us know what you think about the latest Technical Preview! To provide feedback or report any issues with the functionality included in this Technical Preview, please use Connect. If there’s a new feature or enhancement you want us to consider including in future updates, please use the Configuration Manager UserVoice site.
The System Center Configuration Manager team
Configuration Manager Resources:
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager Technical Previews
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager
System Center Configuration Manager Forums
System Center Configuration Manager Support