Hi Everyone, and welcome to this month’s posting from the AIP team to ensure you always know what we are working on, what’s in the current releases of AIP and any other information that we can include to help you stay current.
With that, I will hand over to Adam Hall who leads our Customer and Partner Experience team.
Hello again to our Azure Information Protection community! We encourage you to visit last month’s Azure Information Protection Status update in case you missed it, and of course we’re listening to your feedback and feature requests. Speaking of which, it’s been a busy month with updates for admins and developers, so let’s take a look.
- We have completed the move to Azure Portal, and admins can now edit templates linked to labels. Once you click on “Edit Template” the template becomes protection attributes of the label. More information about this new capability and templates in the Azure portal: Configuring and managing templates for Azure Information Protection.
- The ability to activate the protection service (Azure RMS) in this portal has moved to General Availability. Instructions: How to activate Azure Rights Management from the Azure portal.
- We have added the ability to localize legacy RMS templates. You can import and export on the “Languages” page to manage translations for RMS templates, in the same way as you can do this for labels. Instructions: Configure labels and templates for different languages in Azure Information Protection.
- We have added the ability to edit the default templates. You can now manage the default templates like other templates, including localization. We have translated the default policy to all languages that are supported by Azure Information Protection (English +29 other languages). Note that only new tenants will get the translations automatically (we don’t want to change your existing configurations!) More information about the default templates.
- A new feature, user defined permissions, moves to public preview. More information in To configure a label for Rights Management protection.
- We have now extended our automation capabilities (automatic classification) from 5 patterns to over 80 patterns (including 40 patterns relevant for EU GDPR) by moving to the Office DLP rules. More information: How to configure conditions for automatic and recommended classification for Azure Information Protection.
- We also fixed some bugs:
- Disallow creation of templates with same name, that cause customers to see templates with “_0” suffixes.
- Performance fix for signup
- The current GA client is 188.8.131.52
- The latest Preview client now posted is 10.0.52.0
- New in the RMS 4.2.5 SDK for Mobile
These updates were heavily influenced by your great feedback. Your feedback allowed us to ship new features, verify bug fixes, and generally improved our product. We thank you for this ongoing engagement!
- Download and test with the latest Preview client (10.0.52.0).
- Our next GA level client is planned to be released next month. You can download and deploy the current GA client (184.108.40.206) today.
Other things to be aware of:
- The RMS Protection tool is moving to End Of Life on February 10, 2018. This functionality is replaced by the Azure Information Protection client.
As we let you know previously, we have adopted UserVoice as a platform for you to tell us what we should be working on, and I would ask and encourage you all to take a look and place your votes to help us understand the priorities you have.
We hope this helps you with your testing, planning, and deployments and we welcome your commentary and feedback. We also know this can be a lot to absorb, and we are here to help! Engage with us on Yammer or Twitter and let us know what’s important to you by voting on UserVoice!
It really is very easy to get started with AIP. We have a lot of information available to help you, from great documentation to engaging with us via Yammer and e-mail. What are you waiting for? Get to it!
- Download the new unified client from our Download Center
- Start a trial and kick the tires
- Learn more about Information Protection
- Get deep technical and scenario documentation