The System Center Operations Manager 2007 team is excited to announce that System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 has Released-to-Manufacturing (RTM), and is now available for download! This release of SP1 marks an important milestone for the System Center Operations Manager 2007, making the product easier to support, easier to use, and easier to deploy.
With over 3000 downloads of the SP1 Release Candidate (RC) to date, and with over 15,000 SP1 RC agents deployed into production by TAP customers, it’s clear that customer’s are eager to get their hands on this powerful update to Operations Manager 2007—Microsoft’s industry-leading and award-winning end-to-end service monitoring solution for enterprise environments!
A big thank you to our customers, to those who participated in the Service Pack Release Candidate, to our MVPs, and to the Operations Manager team in getting this Service Pack out of the door!
What’s included in Service Pack 1?
Operations Manager 2007 SP1 addresses critical customer-initiated issues, including improved deployment, performance, reporting, and enhanced support.
Highlighting some of the key new features and enhancements:
- New capability to export Operations Manager 2007 diagrams to Microsoft Visio VDX file format.
- New ability to publish reports to multiple locations, such as Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Web sites.
- Improved performance and reliability across the product, such as when working with alerts, overrides, and searches.
- Enhanced “advanced search” by improved the ability to search across monitors and rules by their overrides.
- Simplifying the creation of new management packs by allowing users to copy views from existing management packs to an unsealed management pack.
- New ability view performance data through the Operations Manager Web console, and setup filters for desired performance counters to ease searching and navigation.
- New discoveries and views added to the Audit Collection Services (ACS), along with new monitors and alerts to track the health of ACS collectors.
- Enhanced backup and recovery with the introduction of an easier-to-use Secure Storage Backup Wizard.
- … and much, much more!!
Obtaining System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1
System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 is currently being pushed out to the web, and the following links are being replicated over the weekend (replication is expected to be completed by Mon Feb 25th, if not earlier).
- Upgrade: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=EDE38D83-32D1-46FB-8B6D-78FA1DCB3E85&displaylang=en
- Evaluation: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C3B6A44C-A90F-4E7D-B646-957F2A5FFF5F&displaylang=en
Where Can I Go For Further Information?
At the time of writing we’re rolling out new resources to the Operations Manager 2007 TechCenter, including links to What’s New, SP1 Training Videos, new documentation, and more! This rollout should be completed by next Monday (Feb 25th), so bear that in mind if you go in and try to navigate that resource right now!