We are pleased to announce the beta release of the next generation of System Center Data Protection Manager !
There are lots of reasons to be excited about DPM 2010. Here are a few:
- Virtualization folks get item-level restore from within VM backups, as well as support for LiveMigration (CSV) scenarios for Hyper-V R2
- SharePoint folks lose the need for a Recovery Farm and gain auto-protection of new content databases
- SQL Server administrators get auto-protection at a SQL instance level, huge scalability increases and a self-service restore utility for DBAs
- Exchange managers get support for Exchange 2010, including DAG configurations, as well as CCR/SCR
- Windows client users get protection and recovery for remote laptops, with protection online and offline
- Disaster Recovery planners get lots of new options around multi-site chaining and protection between sites
- And everyone gets new enterprise scalability, reliability and manageability enhancements
For more information, check out these resources:
The DPM product team blog on the 2010 beta release
The DPM product manager’s blog (mine)
So, please download the beta for yourself, and let us know what you think!
And don’t miss my TechNet Webcast on October 8 – Technical Introduction to DPM 2010