As virtualization continues to grow, the need to easily and systematically update VMs becomes increasingly important. The Solution Accelerator Team (SA) has been working diligently to address this and has recently announced the VM Servicing Tool 3.0 Beta.
VMST 3.0 helps organizations reduce IT costs by making it easier to update their offline virtual machines, templates and virtual hard disks with the latest operating system and application patches—without introducing vulnerabilities into their IT infrastructure.
Using VMST 3.0, organizations can also keep users productive during updates and maintenance of physical hosts: VMST 3.0 now automates the servicing of Windows Server 2008 R2 failover clusters running Hyper-V—leveraging live migration.
VMST 3.0 helps organizations more effectively—and safely—manage the workflow of updating their offline virtualization environment. This includes:
- Offline virtual machines in a SCVMM library.
- Stopped and saved state virtual machines on a host.
- Virtual machine templates.
- Offline virtual hard disks in a SCVMM library by injecting update packages.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V host clusters.
You can access the Beta here. Thanks for reading.
Sr. Technical Product Manager