We have recorded a webcast of the new System Center Integration Pack’s in action. These new IP’s will be released with Opalis 6.3.
The video walks through a scenario that is part of the move to a Private Cloud: moving from a physical platform to a Dynamic Virtual platform.
The scenario includes the following:
- Reading the out put from the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Tool (MAP)
- Raising Change Requests in Service Manager for each of the virtualization candidates
- Approving the CR in Service Manager
- Monitoring Service Manager for the CR approval, then automatically starting the conversion process after the approval has been given to proceed
- Taking a Data Protection Manager recovery point prior to starting the P2V
- Adding the server into a new Configuration Manager collection
- Checking that the server meets the Patch compliance
- Checking that Forefront is installed and up to date
- Putting Operations Manager into Maintenance Mode
- Running the P2V process through Virtual Machine Manager
- Monitoring for the successful completion of the P2V process
- Taking Operations Manager out of Maintenance Mode
- Full failure escalation at each step
You can watch the video over on The DDC.