Get a virtual machine ready and crank up your Hypervisor because you are going to want to kick the tires on the System Center Orchestrator Beta!
We have built upon the best features of Opalis and made some significant improvements to release Orchestrator as part of the System Center family. If you have a Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine with SQL Server 2008 R2 installed, it will literally only take you minutes to start playing with the product!
Microsoft acquired Opalis in December 2009, with a vision to embed Runbook Automation into the System Center management capabilities. Since then we have released 2 point releases to bring support for the latest Server platforms and provide integration into the existing System Center products … and now, we enter into the new generation with Orchestrator!
As we look ahead to the launch of System Center 2012, the now rebranded System Center Orchestrator will provide the critical Process Automation capabilities that will simplify Datacenter Management and allow our customers to build and manage their Private Clouds.
So, lets get Automated!
The Orchestrator Beta is now available for download and testing, you can either fly solo and take it for a spin yourself by simply downloading the Beta Bits, or you can get with the program … the Evaluation Program that is!
- Download the Beta from the Microsoft Download Center http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26503
- Join the Orchestrator Beta Evaluation Program http://msft.it/cep
- Read the new TechNet Library content http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh237242.aspx
Still not sure? Lets take a look at what Orchestrator is all about …
System Center Orchestrator 2012 delivers 3 core benefits to our customers:
- Integration – Optimize and Extend your existing Investments
- Orchestration – Deliver Flexible and Reliable Services
- Automation – Lower Costs and Improve Predictability
With the implementation of Orchestrator, our customers and partners will be able to:
- Connect heterogeneous environments through integration
- Create custom integrations to any system using the Quick Integration Kit
- Realize benefits and value faster through flexible process workflows
- Improve service reliability across multiple tools, systems and departmental silos
- Free up scarce IT resources for work that adds real value to your business
- Reduce the number of manual and error-prone tasks and activities performed
We are very excited with this release, and we look forward to your feedback!
And if you’ve joined the Evaluation Program, we look forward to talking to you soon
Senior Technical Product Manager